Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well i just got a Tippmann 98 custom. I have a 20oz co2 and some paint, When i shoot i have to cock it. When i shoot, Where the valve connects to the actual gun near the trigger gets kind of wet. And when i dry fire, LIke when there is co2 in the gun but no paintballs. It shoots out the co2 out of some where. Is that normal?? It shoots fine, im just asking, Also one last thing. If i take my co2 canaster off the gun will it leak? Thanks

·
12,110 Posts
Well, I really didnt understand lal of what your asking, so I'll just answer a bunch of Q's for you:

1. You have to recock it after every shot? Check the O-rings inside it (use the manual for disassembly). Make sure they are all in place. Also, take off your CO2 and try to push down the pin with your finger.. If it goes down, then your out of CO2. That will only tell you when its absolutely empty. Without a gauge, you cant tell when its getting there. What I like to do is bang something on the side (like a stick or soemthing), and slosh it around. if you hear a "pwong-wong-wong-wong" sound, then theres liquid CO2 in the tank.

2. It gets kind of wet.. you mean theres condensation on it? This is pretty normal for a gun when you use CO2. When liquid CO2 (remember, theres liquid and gasious CO2 in your tank) evaporates into a gas, the energy used up makes it get real cold. When it gets cold enough, it causes the water vapor around the gun to condense, forming condensation on that part of the gun. Sometimes, it will even frost over.

3. When you dry fire, the CO2 should come out of the barrel. Like I said, depending on termperature and how full your tank is, and the angle of your tank, you might get a cloud of CO2 or even some snowflakes. Its usually louder when you dry fire.

4. When you unscrew the CO2 form your gun (unscrew it every time you are done, otherwise the CO2 will leak out very slowly, and its dangerous to children and in case you drop it, etc), but when you unscrew it, you'll get a burst of CO2.

The burst of CO2 is the CO2 that is already in your gun. It doesn't come out of the tank. Nothing you do can stop it from happening.

You can dry fire as you're unscrewing it. That will make the air come out of the front of your marker instead of the rear. Keep doing it until your marker sputters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts