Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I am new to paintballing and I just got myself a Tippmann 98 Custom because I heard it is good for beginners and its not that expensive. But anyway, I ordered myself a stock for it and I am having a little trouble. I have heard people say you can really screw up your gun by not knowing what you are doing when putting on a stock. So before I even attempt to put it on, can someone explain to me the procedure or find a guide someplace, because I have looked around and searched but have found nothing. Thanks

-Adampff

·
Registered
65 Posts
Do you have any skills in taking things apart?

If you do it should be fairly easy.
1 set up a large workplace
2 take out all the screws
3 SLOWLY pull the gun apart
4 take out the butt-plate
5 put the stock in its place
6 put the gun back together
7 screw in all the screws
8 if something flys out stay calm, find it, look at your gun and figure out where it should be
9 if you can't find it or find where it belongs dont panic bring it to your local pro-shop

IF YOU SUCK FIXING THINGS
just have the people at your local paintball shop fix it (duh)

have fun

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh well I really don't have to much experience in taking things apart, and sadly I don't have any local pro-shops around me.:confused: But I will look at it and decided if I can do it or not. Thanks for the help.thumup:

·
Most Likely to Get Gogged
151 Posts
If you can find a Tippmann 98 Custom manual online, you should be able to take apart the gun just by following instructions. The stock should have instructions, too....but if it doesn't, maybe the manual has something to say about it.

Stay calm. Screw in carefully so you don't strip/break a screw. Put things together AFTER you look all the way around them so you don't catch a hose, etc. in between two parts. Most of all, it's a 98 Custom - have fun and learn something. if you learn how to take this apart and put it back together, then move up in markers, you'll have some experience with taking them apart so you won't break anything.
Trust me, it's better than trial by fire on an Ion like I went. I haven't screwed anything up permanently, but I already broke a bango and messed up several screw-heads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.