Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...no one made a thread about the whole Obama being President thing. I guess this really IS a predominantly conservative message board.

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
I think one of the best indicators that Obama will do well in the presidency is that he has been alienating the extreme leftists.

If this trend continues with (extreme) leftists...our economy should come out alright. Not sure about everything else.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
I as asleep for it...not that I've ever seen any one them. I assume they simply bull**** about what they plan on doing, then turn around and do what they want or are pressed to do by people with power.

D

·
0 Posts
I forgot to watch it. It was a pretty big deal here in Canada too. One of the auditormiums in the library was airing it for students on campus to watch.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
I really fail to see what the big deal is about Obama.. he's black. Oh boy a black person! it's like the country has never seen somebody like that. He's a person just like anyone else; I've still yet to figure out what the big deal is.

Maybe it's that we get to look at a new face, or maybe it's because he seems so young and had new ideas. Or maybe America is still trying to play up that there is a rift between black people and white people....I just don't get it.

At least There's not people in here going nuts about it and saying how much better everything is going to be like the insane people are doing. honestly, there's kids who got a school named for him before he became president, people were so happy when he was elected and the guy hadn't done anything yet! It's good to see that in general, we all have level heads around here.

edit:
Andrew, new presidents come and go, the economy twists and turns... meh.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
No, I did not join in on the smugfest.
I'm so glad we elected a liberal to counter Bush's outrageous spending...oh.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
"we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get in back, when brown can stick around ... when yellow will be mellow ... when the red man can get ahead, man; and when white will embrace what is right. That all those who do justice and love mercy say Amen."

Amen!

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I didn't really watch the speech. They were watching it on the tv in the cafeteria and I sat in the empty part reading the paper eating a sandwich. My girlfriend watched the speech on a jumobo tv at Columbia and told me the speech was good, to which I replied by talking about how good my sandwich was.

I didn't vote for Obama, nor like him. I was just surprised that no one mentioned Obama becoming President, even in a negative way.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
He's the president, I'll give him a shot and feel him out for a while before I start calling doom and gloom. After all I truly hope he is successful, as it's my country which is effected by his decisions.

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
I'm tired of race being brought up in any manner. Whether people are making a big deal about him being black or trying to say he's only a big deal because he's black, it's annoying. Race shouldn't have anything to do with it.

Everyone is freaking out about it because he's the new president of the most powerful country in the world. Pretty much everyone is being hurt by the economy and it's a big deal that someone new is in charge trying to turn that around.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts