Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A vehicle that makes me cream my pants. Well not really, but it was bad ass. It was a 1968 Chevy corvette. It has a brand new motor with a blower on it. It is one of the best ones you can get. It also has 60lbs of boost ready to be used.

I swear when I heard the engine start, it sounded like heaven. This makes me appreciate domestic alot more now. Especially since it has over 1000+ horses under the hood.

The last time he ran it was with the old 454 bigblock. Then he was running 6's. Now hes pretty sure he will run somewhere in the upper 4's.

He also has a camaro ss with 454 in it.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
flowbob said:
Thats what he said. Not sure what exactly hes talking about. They do all sorts of funs around here at the tracks. 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 and 1 mile runs.

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
toXic said:
Thats what he said. Not sure what exactly hes talking about. They do all sorts of funs around here at the tracks. 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 and 1 mile runs.

Top Fuel dragsters run 4 seconds...are you sure you arent beefing this story up just a tad? ::raises eyebrow:: Unless he was talking about the 1/8th mile...

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im not beefing it up any, this is all what he said. All he does for a living is fixes up old cars. He has spent $38,000 on this car. Not counting the body and frame.

Like I said, I dunno what distancehe was talking about, prolly was the 1/8.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He doesnt run it at 60 all the time, he has it set up for 60 or 30 or none.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
60lbs of boost?

Say goodbye to your pistons and rods!

I think that guy is full of **** unless he's talking about the 1/8th mile... thats SOMEWHAT believeable.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Like I said several times before, they run different things. So it probably was the 1/8. But he doesnt use the 60 that I know of, just the 30lbs.

·
Xplicit Eg06
4,567 Posts
Yeah, anything over 30psi of posative pressure on a modern engine (excluding diesels), and you can say goodbye to manifold and internals.

If its 1/8, I can believe it.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol. If I can find something to put pics on here from a cell phone I will post pics of it...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts