Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that 99.9% of ALL new music totally sucks. There is no music in it. Like new metal. I wanna know how you think of a song like this. How do you set it up? Do you just tell the drummer to go really fast and the guitarist to play 1 rift as fast s he can for 4 minutes while the singer just yells random words? There is no musical quality.

Other music, just well, sucks. Pop is horrible. I despise rap. Country has gone to crap. Raggae is cool, I just can't listen to too much of it.

Anyway, to the point. We need bands that have actual musical talent. When you listen to new metal and then listen to a motorhead song you cannot say that new metal has half the talent as the older stuff. Everything post-2000 is pretty much trash (with a few exceptions). The newest music I listen to on a daily basis is Rage Against the Machine and Soundgarden. All my other stuff is older than that.

Who else feels the same?

·
don't drop the soap
3,896 Posts
Yah I totally agree. Pretty much in every genre in music nowadays it's the same. You see there's a difference between rock stars and musicians. Rock stars just do stuff for the money, fame, and girls. They make music with noises that "sound cool" and don't necessarily make any sense at all. (examples: Fred Durst, Joel Madden, etc.)Musicians on the other hand try to make stuff that makes musical sense, and try to advance the bounds of music beyond what they currently are.

There are a few bands that still hold some potential though. I've been enjoying Mars Volta for some time, it's pretty different from most other music out there. I liked what I heard from QOTSA so I would hope that the Eagles of Death Metal might be good as well. But for the most part we just get crap bands like yellowcard, sugarcult, story of the year, etc. Only people that should listen to that are girls and pre 15 year olds.

D

·
0 Posts
Barber said:
The newest music I listen to on a daily basis is Rage Against the Machine and Soundgarden.
rage + soundgarden = audioslave

but i imagine you knew that. i like em.

·
don't drop the soap
3,896 Posts
Bothe were so much better in their original bands though. The rage guys don't got the same energy in audioslave, and chris seems to have lost his voice. Still not bad though, just not as great as the originals.

·
Registered
898 Posts
First, I love you.

Second, new metal doesn't suck....it's American metal that sucks. Everyday, great metal bands emerge from Greece, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, etc. Bands like....pretty much every damn band in my signature. Out of all those bands in my signature, maybe 15 are American and out of those, most of the bands are gone!

So, in conclusion, "Metal didn't die, it just emigrated to Europe [and other places]"

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I agree with this whole thread...except..I never really liked hendrix except his guitar riffs......Wow.....a crap load of music has become nothing but...posers....grrr!!!!!!!!! BTW i think the best year for metallica was 91', enter sand man is probably the best song I ever heard. After that....blah they went down hill fast.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I never liked jimi hendrix much. But i do respect what he did. I listen more to mitch mitchell then to jimi. I admire him more.

I hate most kids my age because they listen to the blink, good charlette, simple plan **** and tell me my music sucks. I think the only people that listen to anything close to my type of music are gothic.

Rap is probably the most annoying thing i've ever heard. It's the same **** and words said in the same tone of voice. Everytime i see this usher or p diddy crap i turn off the tv.

I just hope there will be more rock and metal bands coming out that are good. It'll be a sad day when this new punk takes over rock.

·
Registered
898 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
If you want some good music nowdays, listen to the following....

Dream Evil
Iced Earth
Lost Horizon
Sonata Arctica
Hammerfall
Tad Morose
Dark Tranquility
Children Of Bodom
Blind Guardian
Galloglass
Stratovarius
Fates Warning
Into Eternity
Kamelot
Therion
Gammaray
Nightwish
Rhapsody
Wizard
Black Majesty
Angra
Andromeda
Brainstorm
Symphorce
Edguy
Dream Theater
Symphony X
Evergrey
Pain Of Salvation
Devin Townsend Band
Threshold

·
Registered
912 Posts
You most post 2000 era music does suck i do agree. And Rage Against the Machine is good. And Jimi Hendrix is one of the best musicians to ever walk this planet.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
I don't see what all the complaining is about. there are plenty of rockin new songs and bands on the radio. none of the cds I listen to fit the generic description first posted, and i think all of the stuff i listen to is new.
Static-X
Slipknot
Hatebreed
In Flames
Fear Factory (new album rawks)
Flaw
Chevelle
Grade 8
Audioslave
Drowning Pool
Sevendust
Mudvayne
Metallica (oh no I said the M-word!!)

among others I can't think of right now.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Gabriot said:
And the radio.
VonGoober Radio: Heavy/Melodic/Power Metal and Classic Rock

^^Best radio station ever!

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
zpyro said:
Static-X
Slipknot
Hatebreed
In Flames
Fear Factory (new album rawks)
Flaw
Chevelle
Grade 8
Audioslave
Drowning Pool
Sevendust
Mudvayne
Metallica (oh no I said the M-word!!)

among others I can't think of right now.
I listen to all of that stuff. But there is no really good music. Just yelling and fast guitars.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts