Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.evoperform.com/GT500/dyno1.wmv

A lot of people have been complaining about the how slow the magazine numbers have been and how heavy the car is. Well, Evolution performance got one of the first production cars. They put a cold air intake on it and a rough tune and got 500RWHP, which is about 580 crank hp . That's before a supercharger pulley change which nets atleast 50hp even for a mild pulley and any kind of exhaust work. Talk about a real bottled up engine.

I can't wait for my fathers to get here. :devil:

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not sure, maybe it has the same issue the Ford GT has, where at peak boost the intake tube starts to compress and resist flow. That can eat up a lot of HP. I've heard of Ford GT's that dynoed stock 570hp and just by putting a rigid piece of plastic in the intake opened it up to 590+.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why, where are you going to buy a brand new car with 500+ factory warranted hp capable of a mid 12 sec or better quarter mile for $40,000 (dealer markup not withstanding) with this hp potential?

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
By the way, the car mentioned above ran an 11.8 with just a tune, intake, and tires. They are putting a smaller pulley on it and are going to run it at Englishtown. I'll let you know how it does.

·
Registered
778 Posts
doomsday said:
Why, where are you going to buy a brand new car with 500+ factory warranted hp capable of a mid 12 sec or better quarter mile for $40,000 (dealer markup not withstanding) with this hp potential?
Like I said, once it becomes a $35k-$40k car. I may start caring.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is an update:

2007 Mustang Cobra made:
563 RWHP (648 crank hp)
562 RWTQ (647 crank tq)

Tested on a Mustang 1100-SE Dynamometer.

Mods:
2.6" Pulley (14 psi)
JLT Cold Air Intake System
Off-Road X-Pipe
Custom Exhaust System
4.10 Gears
SCT Tune

Which is less than $3,000 worth of bolt on modifications. Pretty amazing stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts