Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Since 1923
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay heres the dealio my peeps.

Recently ive been hanging out with my ex-gf of like a year and a half, as always weve had so much in common and i kinda feel a really good connection with her.

The story: well we had just hung out one day and later that night i get a text basically saying me and you are going to homecoming together. I hastilly agree and thus screw myself over. She has a boyfriend, their going to their homecoming.

Now i feel like either way im screwed over, either shes just using me to get into my schools homecoming(diffrent schools) or were just going as friends(this actually isnt really screwing me over). Basically i just want to for once get the girl:dodgy:

Not to mention the doctors gave my dad 2 weeks expected to live last thursday and guess what. Homecoming is a little over two weeks away? How will i be able to handle this emotionally? I wanna have a good time but i dont know if ill be able too. I mean i have such a hard time dealing with my dad and putting on a mask that im fine. I dont complain to anyone.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Tell the ***** to make you a sammich, and that you're not going.

I didn't go to homecoming. Instead I got ****ing annihilated, came home and played Halo 3 until 5 in the morning.

Woulda gone but I don't have any money.. heh.

·
Since 1923
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tell the ***** to make you a sammich, and that you're not going.

I didn't go to homecoming. Instead I got ****ing annihilated, came home and played Halo 3 until 5 in the morning.

Woulda gone but I don't have any money.. heh.

Oh either way its going to end in dissapointment so im going to have a bunch of bud waiting for me at home:rolleyes:

·
Since 1923
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really sorry to hear about your dad. What's wrong with him? I'm not sure if you're religious at all, but I am so I'll be praying for you and your father.

-Jin

Thanks man it means alot to me, he has terminal colon cancer, the chemo stopped working like a week ago

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Colon cancer sucks. My mom's a colon cancer survivor (thank God). I'm rooting for you man.

As far as the situation goes:
-Chances are she's manipulating you to go to your school's homecoming, unless of course she isn't like most women, and is genuinely interested in your company.
-If you're cool with that, go right ahead.
-If you aren't stay home.

With the situation with your dad, the last thing you need is the extra problems of possible manipulation. You need to take the advice of the Irish and have yourself a wake. Celebrate the dead for who they were and get pissed drunk in the process. Have drink on them and in celebration of them. It's a way of drinking away your sorrows/throwing a goodbye party.

Personally, I suggest ditching the ***** and drinking yourself into a stupor. But that's me.

·
Since 1923
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks man it means alot to me, he has terminal colon cancer, the chemo stopped working like a week ago
Colon cancer sucks. My mom's a colon cancer survivor (thank God). I'm rooting for you man.

As far as the situation goes:
-Chances are she's manipulating you to go to your school's homecoming, unless of course she isn't like most women, and is genuinely interested in your company.
-If you're cool with that, go right ahead.
-If you aren't stay home.

With the situation with your dad, the last thing you need is the extra problems of possible manipulation. You need to take the advice of the Irish and have yourself a wake. Celebrate the dead for who they were and get pissed drunk in the process. Have drink on them and in celebration of them. It's a way of drinking away your sorrows/throwing a goodbye party.

Personally, I suggest ditching the ***** and drinking yourself into a stupor. But that's me.
Ya but i dont know why but this girl, i cant help but put all my faith into her, its like i dont wanna get hurt but i cant stop myself and i know i dont need this with my dad, but theirs just something about her that i cant get out of my head

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
All you have to do is just tell her the situation with your dad and that you want to spend some time with the family, as these are trying times for you and your family. If she is any shred of the girl you think she is, she will understand and let you off the hook.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Spend time with your dad. Your ex is probably just using you.

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
Formal dances, when you are in a relationship, are for you and your significant other. When you are single, you can go to formals with friends. She is in a relationship. She has NO place to be going to a formal with her ****in ex boyfriend. Don't be an idiot, the girl's no good.

You'll be happier later if you didn't go and spent more time with your Dad.

·
Since 1923
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guy youve been a great help. Heres what i think im going to do, i cant really just ditch her as she is a good friend of mine, i figure ill take her there then if she ditches me ill just dance which other girls otherwise ill just enjoy the night and not take it to seriously. Ive been making extra time to spend with my dad and your advice has really helped put this whole situation into persective. I need to do whats important now because none of this will matter in a year except the time i spent with my dad.

so thanks pbf i can always count on you

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
It's your decision, but what type of friend would she be if she was mad at you for not going to the dance with her so you could spend time with your dad who is dying of cancer?

I'm not saying she would be mad, but I think this is a situation where you could break it off due to the circumstances.

-Jin

1 - 20 of 39 Posts