Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we had a get-together and shoot for another forum I'm a member on. We collect military surplus rifles, so we all brought out our milsurps and shot and had a grand time. Since I know Chicky, and I know she'll say "Pics or it didn't happen!" here's some pics.

Jake shooting his FN 49, a semi-auto in 8mm...thing kicks like a *****.

Steve shooting that same rifle

My cousin shooting an Enfield 2A1 in .308 Nato

My girlfriend shooting the Enfield 2A1

Steve shooting my Marlin 336 in .30-30 Winchester.

Joe shooting my Browning A-Bolt Medallion in .270 (I know, I know...it's not surplus. Die.)

Me shooting a Yugo captured Kar98.

Patrick shooting my .270

Guns are fun.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I know nothing about guns but looks like you had a good time.

D

·
0 Posts
If you like guns, chances are your wife will end up looking like this:

I kid, I kid. But seriously, gun fanatics are really lame and annoying. But I wouldn't mind testing my skill at a range at least once.

·
Wishes to play Pball moar
493 Posts
We went shooting today, but it sucked, because they were having a Tournament thing, so we could only shoot our .22s, which got boring. We havent gone shooting in a while so i really wanted to shoot our M1 Garand :(

Sweet guns, looks like you had fun thumup:

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
8mm? kick? pfft, my turk isnt bad at all, its actually kinda nice. damn, id kill for an enfield in .308, its so much cheaper than getting .303, well, besides the new stuff wolf came out with i guess...

my next investment is going to be a yugo 59/66 thumup:

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
crustybug said:
8mm? kick? pfft, my turk isnt bad at all, its actually kinda nice. damn, id kill for an enfield in .308, its so much cheaper than getting .303, well, besides the new stuff wolf came out with i guess...

my next investment is going to be a yugo 59/66 thumup:
You don't think an 8mm kicks? Wow. Try shooting an FN 49 10 rounds in 3 seconds or so with 8mm. Tell me your shoulder doesn't hurt after that.

Enfield in .308 is only like $159 @ www.aimsurplus.com

And .303 is cheaper than .308 when you buy in bulk.

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
i dunno, it might depend on how heavy the gun is too...my turk is 9.2 unloaded, but i put a scope on it for hunting and such, so its up to about 9.7-9.8, lol. Doesnt help that th rifle is more than 4 feet long...

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
I'm thinking about starting a collection of Military surplus guns with my dad. We've had a Mauser for the longest time and just having the 1 is starting to get boring. But my grandpa was always telling us that he would never have it shoot again because he took it back from ww2. So we are keeping his promise for him.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
burningcow422 said:
I'm thinking about starting a collection of Military surplus guns with my dad. We've had a Mauser for the longest time and just having the 1 is starting to get boring. But my grandpa was always telling us that he would never have it shoot again because he took it back from ww2. So we are keeping his promise for him.
Start here - www.surplusrifleforum.com
Then go here - www.surplusrifle.com and read.
Then you may go on to these sites -
www.classicarms.us
www.aimsurplus.com
www.southernohiogun.com
www.sportsmansguide.com (cheap ammo)

Enjoy.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
that's a nice collection of guns. if i had the money i'd be collecting guns too. But since i dont' have the money i know nothing about guns, but of of my friends is a huge gun fanatic.

go for a m1 garand next. I'm gonna be shooting my friends this weekend or next weekend. He told me it's eve more fun than shooting his ar-15...which is hella fun. Plus they're value is supposed to double when the surplus runs out (sometime in the next 1 1/2 years acording to the places selling them)

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
martix_agent said:
that's a nice collection of guns. if i had the money i'd be collecting guns too. But since i dont' have the money i know nothing about guns, but of of my friends is a huge gun fanatic.

go for a m1 garand next. I'm gonna be shooting my friends this weekend or next weekend. He told me it's eve more fun than shooting his ar-15...which is hella fun. Plus they're value is supposed to double when the surplus runs out (sometime in the next 1 1/2 years acording to the places selling them)
An M1 Garand is exactly what I'm going for next. CMP is runnning out of them. They recently ran out of M1903s and M1903A3s (the standard bolt action sniper rifle of WWII) and the prices on them have skyrocketed.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tomba said:
Yeah m1's are great. If the guy who is shooting the FN 49 thinks it kicks he should stand up and shoot it, it will reduce the amount of recoil going to his shoulder. And damn i wish i had a kar98.(actually i thouhgt they were called Kar98k.) Also your cousin should have glasses on.
lol. First of all, I would likeyou to notice something in the pictures. Tell me where the roof comes down to. Oh wait...that's right. The only supported shooting position at that range for 50 and 100 yards is sitting. Offhand isn't allowed, since you're not allowed to fire from in front of the ranges. Secondly, standing or sitting, in my experience, has never ever reduced recoil one way or another.

Pierced said:
hey prophet do you know of any where i can get 7.7 x 58 ammo? I looked on that ammo site you posted but didnt see any.
I can't find any. What the hell gun shoots that?

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tomba said:
^^ oh i guess thats true, i didnt pay attention to that, but it is that shooting off hand hurts lets then on a bench due to the fact that ur legs kind off like move back and such, it hard to explain, and i wasn't trying to be an ass.
OK, well, here's the thing. I'm 18. I've been shooting since I was 4. Over the course of my life I've shot every way from Sunday that it's possible to shoot from. I have never in my life noticed a difference in kick from shooting while sitting or shooting offhand. Never.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts