Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I mean, its not really important to be able to shoot fast in woodsball..

When I really think about it. Here I am, thinking about getting a"The One" kit but. I have no need to shooota s fast as that kit will make my gun should if it was installed. I know the short mouse clip is nice but I can get that with several electric frames. My question is, is there anyone here who feels the need to shoot really fast when they play woodsball?

·
Banned
747 Posts
heyy.... that's a good point... i have a spyder tl-x and i was thinking of getting the one kit... but if i did that i would need hpa and either a q-loader or a halo b.... and that would be a lot of money....hmmmm... you don't need to be able to shoot fast, but the one kit also adds a regulator and front block and turns ur gun into an air ram... it also helps for tournaments.... but that's a good point....

... = 9 times

·
PBF's oldest newb
1,618 Posts
you don't need to shoot fast, but if your playing with a huge group, cover fire can be crucial for any manuevering of groups of players

·
Registered
757 Posts
higher ROF is a plus no matter where you play for two reasons

greater chance to hit target over time
greater suppressive effect

D

·
0 Posts
yeah i have to admit.. some guys with electro trigger we play with in the woods really help keep people down and let us other guys moves.. it definitely helps with some strategies

·
12,110 Posts
The way I see it, I can play woods or speed with my marker, perfectly fine. Think abotu it. Most people start off playing only woodsball then start to lean towards speedball. It doesn't hurt it if the option is there to shoot fast. Hell, it could help you in a lot of situations.

·
Banned
2,548 Posts
Gees Johhny your obbsessed with Spyder tl-x's man...Calm down and take some deap breathes...

·
PBF's oldest newb
1,618 Posts
a high ROF is nice to have, but not everyone has to have it
usually one guy with really good trigger speed, or an auto gun, can give surpressive fire for the rest of the group if its a small crew

D

·
0 Posts
yeah, ROT is not the be all end all of woodsball... but like i said, it adds to it.. when youve got guys playing pump, others playing semi and others full auto or electric triggers.. then it really adds to the game with strategy.

but its not neccessary to win. I win with a stock class pump, the lowest fire power you can get on the field.. or i win with my cocker which is getting higher fire power (though its mech)

so if you wanna spend the dough, go ahead. and if you get into speedball or tourney play, it'll help ya out there.

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
Higher rof will keep people down better, and scare the hell outve newer players, so it is a plus. Still, I dont think Ill ever need a higher rof then the 13 bps I'm already getting.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
damn would of never thought about that

·
Registered
127 Posts
i play scenario every weekend and OMG my gun is so fun in it!!!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
yeah a high rof in the woods is essentially useless unless you use it correctly. i'd saya good 5/8 of the balls i shoot get caught in the brush and trees before its within 5 feet of my target. if you're a budget baller, then a limited ROF could help keep money in your pocket and also add some thrill to your game knowing you're relying almost completely on skill instead of some gun doing it for you. but yes a high rof is always nice to have.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
The way I see it, the more balls you shoot the odds increase that one of them is gonna make it thru the brush. You might think your safe hiding in a thicket....once.

·
Registered
287 Posts
until you're shot in the collar bone! =(

::shakes fists at smitty::

oh well, i had my revenge, remember smitty... i meant to miss your jewels... just to scare ya :devil: wave:

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Dude I gotta big green gangrenous looking bruise on my inner thigh from that one. It didnt break either. Invest in better paintballs....for my benefit :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts