Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a long series of unfortunate events, I am almost positive that my Z has bent valves (at the least). I still have to get a quote on getting work done, but assuming that it's a fair amount I might be buying a front clip and doing a TT swap.

I'm getting a personal loan for college, and I talked to my mom about it and she might let me take a few thousand and use it to get the Z fixed. That would be awesome because I wouldn't have to pay all of it back until I'm graduated and making $60k-$65k in IT.

Right now I'm searching around for the best deals on front clips, as well as reputable places, and also trying to see what goodies and add-ons I could afford to get (not many =( ).

-Jinjiro

·
V8 Interceptor
2,125 Posts
It's really not all that difficult, bro.
I'd say you just need your manual if you've got one, the right tools and some buddies when you need them to hold the light an' junk :)

But, what size turbo's are you dealing with here? Wastegates? What size and type intercooler are you using?

I'm very curious :)

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Theres some guy around here who is swapping his 300zx with a twin turbo. He has no power tools and it's been 6 months. He finally finished the wiring but it still isn't running right.

Your best bet would be a wrecked one.

Front clips aren't too expensive from Japan.

Would it really be that bad to just rebuild the head? I know you want TT and all though.

·
Pedobear Supporter
2,526 Posts
haha this is like a foreign language to me... lol car talk means nothing to me, but it's fun to watch.

·
V8 Interceptor
2,125 Posts
1337 said:
Would it really be that bad to just rebuild the head? I know you want TT and all though.

How would rebuilding the head(s) even come close to creating Turbo power.. Even with Port Polishing and High compression heads with excellent valve angles..

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Lowtryx said:
How would rebuilding the head(s) even come close to creating Turbo power.. Even with Port Polishing and High compression heads with excellent valve angles..
Maybe so he won't have to spend 5-7k getting it converted to twin turbo?

I also said.. I know he wants TT though.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, the Z's engine is a pain to do anything on, but I guess it would depend on how many of the valves we have to replace, and if it's only the valves or if more is wrong.

I wish my dad was clueless about cars, he'll probably be all rational about it and tell me to just get the valve work done. He always asks me what am I going to use all that power for, and then I just bring up his old '67 427 Vette and he tries to tell me 'that was different'.

-Jin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts