Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today i got to drive a H3 hummer.

Me and my buddys went out to a local hunting trail to just mess around and what not, and my buddy brought his H3 (idk how he got an H3 as a 18 year old.. but he did) anyways. he let me drive it around and i gotta say. the I-5 thats in them (the colorado engine) is sooooo under powered. The truck is a very capible off-roader, but that damn engine. omg.. it gets horrible gas milage and makes no power.

Why didn't Chevy put the 4.3 V-6 into the H3? my old Blazer had one and it was a Beastly engine. and my buddys new style blazer has one and it still packs a punch. why. oh why chevy?

i don't read into much about what happened to engines, why they are discontinued or what not. maybe someone knows something i don't.

--Jared

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
yea it is beastly, he isnt kidding, my buddie had one in his blazer, and it could go pretty good

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
crustybug said:
i can smoke my buddys 4.3 with a 5 SPEED, with my dodge dakota 3.9 v-6 automatic.

I dunno man, id expect a bit more out of a 4.3...
i got bored and just looked it up, 4.3 has 195hp 260tq
your 3.9 has 125hp 200tq

in conclusion, i think ur buddy with the 4.3 cant drive ;)

·
Registered
920 Posts
I've got a 4.3 in my 92 chevy 1500. It isnt exactly beastly, but its a damn good engine, its got enough power to push my little truck right along, and it has ~228,000 miles on it. IT still runs awesome to.

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
well, it is a good engine, but theres better engines out there from other companies. Pat, the 3.9 you were looking at might have been an earlier model, hunts posted the specs on the one in my dakota.

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Zeruel said:
I've got a 4.3 in my 92 chevy 1500. It isnt exactly beastly, but its a damn good engine, its got enough power to push my little truck right along, and it has ~228,000 miles on it. IT still runs awesome to.
thats because u got a V-6 in a full sized truck. In the blazers and what not... i liked them. they wopuld be a good engine for the H3's

·
ATL Ballers
599 Posts
I see the H3 as a grocery getter and nothing more than that. I heard its off road capabilites are allright, but nothing to brag about.

I too dont see why they would put such a small engine in them, but I guess they arent trying to sell them to the "offroad market".

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
xpdi said:
I too dont see why they would put such a small engine in them, but I guess they arent trying to sell them to the "offroad market".
Exactly. 99% of people I see driving the H3 and even the H2 are old, like 40+. Even worse 80% of that 99% are women. I could care less though, they are killing the hummer.

Check out www.FUH2.com for some amusement. thumup:

EDIT: Watch this vid: Hummers aint as badass as you may think...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts