Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasnt' able to pull my old headunit ot my the car I totaled so i'm in need of a new one.

I found that at crutchfield if i buy one that's over $120, i get the wiring adatper and mounting brackets for free...but i'ma cheap guy and if i dont' have to spend that much I won't.

It MUST have at least one set our rca outs fro an amplifier
It MUST have a audio in plug in the front.

I dunno what brands are good or anything, so I'm relying on your expert and more seasoned opinions.

if It makes any difference, I'm getting a 95 honda civic ex.(yp it's got 6 speakers)
That also reminds me..how hard would it be to cut out 6x9 holes in the back to replace the stock speakers with my pioneers i got from my totaled car?

·
Allen
5,718 Posts

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
coming from you, I trust that's a quality headunit.

the backs are 5 1/4 speakers but ive' beenr eading it' real easy to make a 6 1/2 fit.
Those 6x9's cost me $75!! would a 6 1/2 sound as good as a 6x9?

hmm..I wonder if iI'll also need an antenna adapter and harness adapter. I can't seem to find anything like that anywhere..not event he radio mounting plate.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Baffles that convert 5 1/4 to 6x9?
BRILLIANT!!

once I get the cars title I'll see how the speakers really sound. I wasn't too concerned with them but they do play music. And i've got tweeters as well:)(long story about that..stupid bank won't give me my insurance check money till the 7th)

When I work on my two 6/12 or 8 inch subs over christmas, the sound will really start sounding good.

·
TooMuch****inGREENandGREY
1,292 Posts
get that head unit.....i had my girlfriend buy one for her truck and if all you need is something to listen to its real nice. Plus it has the features you want......i think it might even have 2 RCAs.......might be wrong though.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
as soon as I find out what else i need to get it to fit, I'm buying it.
I cant' find anything about 1995 honda civic radio adapters on google. Nothing comes up but ebay links ot newer models.:(

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
wow nice! hondas ARE better:)

do I need that harness? I guess if I don't use it, I'll never be able to fully take the radio out. Yeah i should get the harness.

just to clarify:
To use those baffles, I still need to cut out a 6x9 hole, right? then I install these suckers in the baffle and then the baffle to the hole I cut out? the

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
sonicelectronix gives you one for free when you order the HU (like crutchfield). theres a form in the check out procedure to put in your vehicle info and they will send you what you need for the install for free.

I would use the harness adapter makes thing easier if you need to pull it out and it makes it easier when putting it in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts