Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this question goes out to people that kno what they are talking about

NO OFFENSE INTENDED

Is their such thing as Jewish as a race, you kno, like how Irish, Arminian, French, are all races. Or is it JUST a religion. If it is Race, then im a quarter Jewish. If its just faith then whatever. Ive heard mixed answers on this question, but never has a Jewish Person told me the answer (they would obivously kno best).

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Its a race, isreali = jewish. But its also a religon. Its just that all isreali's are jewish and not all jews are isreali. Kind of like all toyotas are cars but not all cars are toyotas.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
yeah, being isreali is a lot different than being jewish. Thats like saying if you are american you are christain

·
Registered
352 Posts
There is no such thing as race. Race is just a human segregation tool, (take a basic socialogy class when you get to college). There is, however, Ethnicity. There is a jewish ethnicity though.

Aggression said:
Race means you are from a certain country. Jewish is just a religon.
Nationality means your from a certain country. A jew is a member of Judaism.

·
Registered
188 Posts
When i first read the title i thought you were gonna go catch a jew and throw him in the oven or sumpthin. Yeah most people have already said it, Israeli and Judiasm are different. Im glad you stepped up and tried to figure it out. Most people dont care and just offend people. good job

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
WEll i got Jewish Ancestors...but i dont think there israli, i think there German. Thats the only part of me that isnt Irish.

I thought i was gonna get banned making this thread...i was takin a chance with this one. I think i got banned a couiple weeks ago for bringing up the same question in the Hanuka thread

·
Registered
188 Posts
you didnt ask a question you just stated a bunch of untrue facts. But thats aight its cool you wanted to figure it out. <3

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
of course theres a race. little bit hard for hitler to have been attempting to commit genocide if it wasn't a race.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
my point is that there is what is considered a jewish race. always has been. its not just a matter of religion.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
There is no such thing as a Jewish race. I dont see how anyone can think there is. There is no country called "Jew land", we are a religion not a race.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
lbreevesii said:
of course theres a race. little bit hard for hitler to have been attempting to commit genocide if it wasn't a race.
the people he was committing genocide against were jews from european countries. there can be a jewish indian person, there can be a jewish chinese person. your completely wrong. JUDAISM IS NOT A RACE END OF STORY. its a RELIGION, people who follow jewish laws are considered JEWISH.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
howver i heard they were intertwined...and how can Jewish People have signature facial feautres other races dont have

For instance-Scots are known for freckles
Afircan Americans have dark skin
Jews have facial features that differ from others, i dont think this is a coincidence, and these facial features, along with last names, are how Hitler deciphered who was Jewish and who wasnt. I think there may be a Jewish race, but thatnk u huey, ur one of the people i really needed an answer from, and if u can explain what ive just told u, in a way that would make sense by your Side of this debate, then i would mostl likley be convinced.

·
Cunning Linguist
2,273 Posts
Irish, French, German etc. are not races, they are citizenships. If you have Irish citizenship you are Irish. I am a Canadian citizen with an Irish heritage. I am not Irish, but I have Irish ancestors.

I don't pretend to understand everything about the Jewish people, however, I know that you can become Jewish, so it can not be exclusively considered a race, because you can not alter your race.

Races are generally defined as a group of people with many similarities. There are a lot of people who are Jewish who share a lot of similar characteristics because they are descendants of a particular geographic region in which those characteristics are predominant. These characteristics often evolved as a result of Darwinism... survival of the fittest, these characterics helped the people to survive.

So a lot of people from a specific geographic region, in this case Israel developed these characteristics and were of the Jewish religion. Their descendants carried the same characteristics as a result of genetics and followed the same religion. So people who have these characteristics are often Jewish so it almost is a race, but not exactly. Does that help explain it a little bit? Also, please correct me if I am wrong, these are mainly my own thoughts and deductions and not based on any formal knowledge or research.

·
Cunning Linguist
2,273 Posts
pbpro115 said:
howver i heard they were intertwined...and how can Jewish People have signature facial feautres other races dont have

For instance-Scots are known for freckles
Afircan Americans have dark skin
Jews have facial features that differ from others, i dont think this is a coincidence, and these facial features, along with last names, are how Hitler deciphered who was Jewish and who wasnt. I think there may be a Jewish race, but thatnk u huey, ur one of the people i really needed an answer from, and if u can explain what ive just told u, in a way that would make sense by your Side of this debate, then i would mostl likley be convinced.
African Americans have dark skin? Are you serious? AFRICANS have dark skin. African Americans are their descendants.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts