Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed my marker doesn't shot as straight as I would like it. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what type of barrel I should get.
Should under bore or over? I want more accuracy and reliability.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
J$J ceramics or CP barrels are a solid barrel that are fairly affordable. Don't worry too much about bore size for a spyder. Because of how they operate, you're not going to get a whole lot of consistency.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
J$J ceramics or CP barrels are a solid barrel that are fairly affordable. Don't worry too much about bore size for a spyder. Because of how they operate, you're not going to get a whole lot of consistency.
How long of a barrel, I currently have an 11. Would a 12 do anything for me or would I have to got with the 14"?

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Neither would do anything other than extend the length of your marker, and depending on when the porting started, possibly make it a little quieter and a little less efficient. Barrel length has nothing to do with accuracy or range in paintball.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
between 12-16" there is no real noticeable performance difference. Its just personal preference. 12s will be able to move around a little easier and snap shoot a little easier, 16s will be able to poke through bushes a little more or push bunkers down a little more. 14s are a nice middle ground that can do a little of both

dont worry about over bore/underbore. You are getting a single barrel so it is going to depend on the paint you are shooting and if you get a certain size that will underbore, if you ever shoot different paint you will then be overboring if its smaller . J&Js and CPs if I remember right are both a 689 so you will be overboring on just about any paint out there. Nothing wrong with that

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
between 12-16" there is no real noticeable performance difference. Its just personal preference. 12s will be able to move around a little easier and snap shoot a little easier, 16s will be able to poke through bushes a little more or push bunkers down a little more. 14s are a nice middle ground that can do a little of both

dont worry about over bore/underbore. You are getting a single barrel so it is going to depend on the paint you are shooting and if you get a certain size that will underbore, if you ever shoot different paint you will then be overboring if its smaller . J&Js and CPs if I remember right are both a 689 so you will be overboring on just about any paint out there. Nothing wrong with that
Thank you all for your responses. Trbo323 your new player guide is amazing thanks for taking the time to do that.:tup

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aright I have decided to go with CP 1 piece 14" inch barrel with the bore size .685. Now I know it's a stupid question but. What color should I get? I have the black version of the fenix.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts