Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my freind has a sniper paintball gun and the other day i used it and i fell in love with it. i really new to the whole paintball thing and i was wondering if anyone could direct me to a good sniper rifle paintball gun that isnt a peice of crap but is pretty good. Im not to rich either so if it could be under $450 canadian that be great.

ive also found some of my own but im not sure if they are good or not (links below) so any help at all would be great, thanks.

Tippmann A-5 Sniper Paintball Gun Kit

Tippmann 98 Sniper Package with Marker

Tippmann 98 Sniper Kit

Tippmann X7 Sniper Kit with Marker

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hate to do this, but there isnt really such a thing as a "sniper" in paintball, although, some use the title as "sniper" because they are skilled in stealth and camoflauge(spelling?) , the reason why there is not such thing as a sniper is that the paintball itself are unpredictable, although they hit a general area it is hard enough to hit a single target with 5-10 balls let alone the famed " 1 shot 1 kill" sniper term. Also sniper usually refer to long ranged riflemen/fire arm, all paintball markers travel the same distance, and to achieve a greater distance, shots must be arced.

You can still be a sniper if your refering to stealth, and camoflauge(spelling again?) but otherwise, in the sport of paintball thats the only term i'll accept if someone is a "sniper"

Also a regular 98 custom or A5 are fine. 98s are around 180-230 depending on the type (depending on the shop) and A5s are 270-330(depending on the shop)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Oh, lol well thx. I think i found one that i like but, can you maby just check and make sure it's not a peice of junk, I just dont want ot buy a gun that sucks. This is Tippman 98 at 285$ CAD. Just tell me what you think and if there are any of options underneath the pic that I dont need. Thanks again.

Tippmann 98 Desert Storm Kit

Bryden :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
lol, wow, honestly, i was gonna recommend a regular 98 custom (pro) or A5 ,maybe, and a new barrel for now. 16" is a little excessive, 14" is somewhat the max, other then that your only causing more friction on the ball, which in turn may end up in barrel breaks, also its less air efficent since it takes a larger amount of air to push the ball an etxra 2 in.

But in all honestly its not that bad of a deal, if your looking in entering scenario play where milsim look is quite favourable. But i can tell its gonna be pretty heavy, also, you need to keep in mind you tax/shipping fees, and you have to purchase an air system , and a GOOD(emphasis on GOOD) mask.

·
Registered
14 Posts
ya dude. Nice gun but a 98 with an E-trigger would have done the same job, maybe a flatline? When I started I bought a 98 planning to upgrade when I got the cash. But it is a good idea if ur going to stick with the sport and the gun. Good luck.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Oh, lol well thx. I think i found one that i like but, can you maby just check and make sure it's not a peice of junk, I just dont want ot buy a gun that sucks. This is Tippman 98 at 285$ CAD. Just tell me what you think and if there are any of options underneath the pic that I dont need. Thanks again.

Tippmann 98 Desert Storm Kit

Bryden :)
if you read it it says marker not included.....you get the barrel bipod sight and all the other stuff.......but no marker....so...;0

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi, my freind has a sniper paintball gun and the other day i used it and i fell in love with it. i really new to the whole paintball thing and i was wondering if anyone could direct me to a good sniper rifle paintball gun that isnt a peice of crap but is pretty good. Im not to rich either so if it could be under $450 canadian that be great.

ive also found some of my own but im not sure if they are good or not (links below) so any help at all would be great, thanks.

Tippmann A-5 Sniper Paintball Gun Kit

Tippmann 98 Sniper Package with Marker

Tippmann 98 Sniper Kit

Tippmann X7 Sniper Kit with Marker
Yea RatedE4Everyone is right about the camoflauge and stealth...just for some information in speedball its kinda hard to be stealthy since its fast paced...but,in woodsball camoflauge and stealth are probably what you are lookin 4. for speedball i would recomend a cheap but not a peice of crap ion gun jus for the ROF of the gun. or a 98 would be good mabey a longer barrel...hope i could help....and if anyone thinks this is a crap its not ive tried a 98 in speedball a ion and ego...they work the same its just the player not the gun...so just experiment with different guns

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright thx everryone for your help. I think im going to get a 98 for starters. therrs one at a local store for $200 with everything.lol blkmage8, i didnt see that, that would suck if had ordered it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts