Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i think i am going to be joining the army pretty soon but i am not sure about it because most of my family has told me they wouldnt talk to me anymore if i were to join up which is pretty ****ty but i am thinking of joining because i need some direction in my life i have hit a low spot and i just dont know what to do anymore about anything and i cant decide if i want to go active or reserve what type of specialized training i want to get or anything like that

meh this is a pretty worth less thread

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dhill0413 said:
why the hell wouldn't they talk to you?

i dunno why theyd say that but i doubt theyd be too serious, would they?
i have had several members of my family tell me that if i join the military that they wont speak to me again

my family is very anti military and anti war type of people so i dont know

but it may be good for me to get away maybe i should just go active and just get the hell away from all the bull**** of my friends and family and ontop of all my other bull**** i now have ****ing lice cause a friends kids had it at my house so now i get to shave my head in the morning woo ****ing hoo

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
it may be me but it seems like "just to get away from things" for a while is a poor reason to join the army and risk your life on a daily basis.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
just make sure you know what you are doing. you will talk to some guys and the just hate the ****ing army. they want nothing more than to get away. they get really tired of the bull**** and the hoops we gotta jump through. then you will talk to alot of other guys. they will tell you they are in the best shapes of there lives. You have a job where most everything is given to you so you can afford to get some other things you might not normally be able to get. You also know that if you want a family..things can be hard but you can also get your health care for a lot less than if you weren't with the military. The army takes care of its families very well.

Don't do it just to run away though. because if you are a runner you will run in the army too when **** goes down hill. theres no faster way to destroy your life than to just say **** the army and leave. Send home your address when you get there and write home or to as many friends as you can. Because the boredom in basic will mess with you if no one is writing.

The main thing I can say for the army for me. For one week of good training in the army I enjoy it 10x's that of any given month in my civilian life. nothing beats going to the range and shooting up a couple hundred rounds through a heavy machine gun one day and jumping outa a plane the next.

·
Lounge prostitute
1,945 Posts
elliswithagun said:
Take out your peircings first, right?
his ten million piercings.....sucks u gotta shave ur head from lice...i guess wear a hat, over a bandana...or something.

That's soooooo effin stupid that some of your family members won't talk to you if you join...

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Hey if it will get your life together than why not? Protect the people that need it, you can use "baby saver" in you title when you come back.

Yeah, if you wanna just do it. At the very least it will give you stories to tell the grand kids when your old.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
ComradeMolyneux said:
If you ever want to think or be an individual, don't join the army.
That is quite possible the stupidest post I have ever read in all my years of existence on PBF. You really just lost any respect I might have had for you. Pro-war, anti-war, it doesn't matter - statements like that are just idiotic.

I mean, you have the right to say it and all, but it was just a stupid comment. Did you think at all before posting?

-Jinjiro

·
Lounge prostitute
1,945 Posts
pimpinp8ntballa said:
**** the army, join the navy. The **** hits the fan? What do we do? Park our ass under a polar ice cap and ram a tactical nuke up anyone we dont likes ass.
THAT is good.

edit: e-five!

·
I'm on your back.
1,882 Posts
pimpinp8ntballa said:
**** the army, join the navy. The **** hits the fan? What do we do? Park our ass under a polar ice cap and ram a tactical nuke up anyone we dont likes ass.
Trust me, that's not the only time that "ass-rammage" takes place in the navy. :rofl

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Listen to Bubba... he is there now and has gone through some of life's ups and downs and his words are about as true as you can get.

Frankly, if you are tired of BS and people you know pushing you around, don't trade that for different BS and people you don't know pushing you around.

The millitary can be one hell of a carreer if you go in for the right reasons. You can get education, experience, discipline and join a community of people who support you. Some thrive, some die (metaphorically) and some die (litterally) in the Army. It is a noble enterprise. But if you are going in for the wrong reasons, it can scew you up something awful.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
iluvwpg said:
awww god...........what would happen if u got caught doin that on a navy ship?
they actually give you a medal..for taking it for the team.

pimpinp8ntballa said:
yea sure..I mean look how many times we've done that in the past. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
ComradeMolyneux said:
If you ever want to think or be an individual, don't join the army.
because clearly working a simpleton 9-5 job at a target or walmart makes you an "individual" right?

the army is just like any other job, except with tons of benefits, free medical for your whole family (and from my experiences, the military does very well in that department, except for long waits in the lobby), if you dont want to live off post, pretty much any place will let you rent an apartment or lease a house, because youre in the military and that is guaranteed income...even if you have/had bad credit in the past..

its great for learning responsibility and mentally growing. but, if youre really going to lose contact with a lot of people in your family, it might not be worth it, depending on how close you are to them.

about the lice..youve had your head shaved in the past, so it shouldnt be that big of a deal for you...lice sucks, its true. i got it from my friends house way back when..had to shave my head too...

i wish you luck in your decision, wave: just hit me up here or myspace or aim if you wanna chat

1 - 20 of 23 Posts