Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never really cooked until this year now that I've been living on my own. Usually my meals look like **** and taste like it a lot of the time too... Ive been getting better, but the timing is still taking some time to get under control. My veggies would be ready long before the meat, or vice versa..

however, I have to say, I think i did a pretty good job on this one..

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
I used to make nice meals, but now if I can't make it in under 30 minutes I order out. I don't have the patience anymore. :rolleyes:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used to make nice meals, but now if I can't make it in under 30 minutes I order out. I don't have the patience anymore. :rolleyes:
I hear ya. That's why I cook a **** pile at once and have left overs for the next few days. I make huge batches of spaghetti, noodles, and rice.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
I hear ya. That's why I cook a **** pile at once and have left overs for the next few days. I make huge batches of spaghetti, noodles, and rice.
Yea, whenever I cook pasta I just make the whole box and save it for lunch the next day or whatever. It tastes a bit rubbery, but it's better than nothing.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
That looks really good Derek.

My dad started cooking in college too. He makes some really good dishes. The ones you made really remind of what he makes.

·
45's to the sky
4,355 Posts
I never really cooked until this year now that I've been living on my own. Usually my meals look like **** and taste like it a lot of the time too... Ive been getting better, but the timing is still taking some time to get under control. My veggies would be ready long before the meat, or vice versa..

however, I have to say, I think i did a pretty good job on this one..
I've really wanted to learn how to cook for a long time, and not just cook but to cook well. Hopefully college will force me into that.

I like to watch Food Network a lot. If you watch 30 Minute Meals with Rachael Ray maybe you'd get some ideas. I'm not saying that to sound like a ****, but she actually makes really good looking meals on there and it really doesn't take long at all.

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
I like to watch Food Network a lot. If you watch 30 Minute Meals with Rachael Ray maybe you'd get some ideas. I'm not saying that to sound like a ****, but she actually makes really good looking meals on there and it really doesn't take long at all.
I would stuff Rachael Ray so hard.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts