Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

I think the gentleman is scamming me

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  patspratt18 
#1 ·
I am fixing to have to file with paypal against Sam08. He has had my money for weeks, and gives me phony tracking numbers and excuses why things arent being shipped etc.

I think i have been more than reasonable with him, on the first he gave me a tracking number and a promise of a refund. The package was delivered to a town two hours from here, and he still has not refunded my money. I think the vatly more likely scenario is, hes trying to rip me off and had a tracking number for something else.

#3 ·
not worth my time in honesty. I will file a PP complaint and they will force him to refund my money. Thats the beauty of PP LOL.

#6 ·
no they charge you a fee, but you get a refund. Theyll pursue him and collect if possible, or charge his credit card LOL.

#7 ·
Well i went to PP last night. It had been 31 days since he got the money, about 9 excuses running from his internet being out, to the shipping label being ripped off, to his brother died. Then he gave me the fake tracking number. Last straw.

#8 ·
They can only recap funds in his paypal account. They have no authority to pull from his bank account or charge a credit card. The best they can do is attempt to recognize his name if he makes another account and links to different cards or bank account.
Your best action is to contact your local police and file a report. they can contact his authorities and then contact paypal to help them capture funds.
good luck. (3rd parties are a good thing)

#9 ·
Doesn't the FBI have an office just for this purpose? Give them a try, you might get more help from them then the local authorities. Who knows

Good luck

#10 ·
PP will in fact refund your money wether he responds or not. I have no idea were they can pull them from, except that they operate in a similar manner to a bank. I will have my cash back on the 17th if he continues not to respond(via paypals information).

This isnt the first time ive done this :)

#13 ·
this tread hasnt been touched ina wile but if u order off ebay and someone burns ya isnt there anything u can do going through ebay weather its paypal ,money order,cause i just started ding **** through ebay and im just wondering incase i have any problems with some 1 cause i no i start to get mad if my stuff doesnt cme within like 2 days lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.