Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Law
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I type with 2 fingers, and I don't look at the keyboard. According to this site, I type at 75 words per minute. I want to type with all my fingers, but I tried and it seems like a lot of work to learn of new way of typing. But I feel like later on in life this will make me look weird.

free online touch typing speed test - wpm words per minute

--> Do you type with 2 fingers? or normally? how fast do you type? should I try to switch? :dodgy:

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
79 wpm here, at least on that test. I have big hands and tend to type on small keyboards, so I also only use my index and middle fingers on each hand to type (ring fingers hit shift).

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
I type around 95-97 wpm and I don't use home row. I feel like I type in a unique way but it is faster than most.

This is on a mechanical keyboard however. I believe I'm in the 80 range on a normal setup.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
i'd be curious to know my speed on a full-size (not baby laptop) keyboard. haven't turned on my desktop PC in months if not years...

·
shine on.
10,745 Posts
That's a dumb test. Clicking start and stop yourself and copying text from 60 year old books? lol

I actually just got tested at work, did 112 wpm. But that's my job basically, I type all damn day. Num pad is worse, I think it was 84 but I don't recall exactly. Somewhere around there. (that's 8 character numbers with decimals, etc.)

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
That's a dumb test. Clicking start and stop yourself and copying text from 60 year old books? lol

I actually just got tested at work, did 112 wpm. But that's my job basically, I type all damn day. Num pad is worse, I think it was 84 but I don't recall exactly. Somewhere around there. (that's 8 character numbers with decimals, etc.)
When I was an intern doing data entry back in high school, I was twice as fast at 10-key than most of the actual employees. I would fly through spreadsheets like it was nothing. One of the many jobs where I just worked too damn fast and hard and always ran out of things to do.

·
Cunning Linguist
2,273 Posts
I tested twice, 95 and 99 wpm using proper form.

I broke my right wrist and collar bone the fall that I took my typing course in high school. I learned to type 45 wpm with my left index finger and only using my right hand for the space bar.

·
Let's hug it out
4,506 Posts

I use all my fingers. In 5th grade it was a required class to learn how to type because they saw it as the future. Plus it helped with chatting on AIM at the time.

Apparently my copy and paste skills are pretty poor. I still had one typo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts