Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the money to buy a Tippmann starter package. My budget is about $400 dollars. I want to get a package that has a sniper set, as that is how I play. I like the apex barrel.

Please help?:eek:

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
your'e not going ot get much love around here. Playing "sniper" in paintball is pretty worthless your paint floats around and rarely goes where you want it; when it does it'll bounce off instead of breaking.

If you like the mil-sim look however, Pick up one of the new US army markers for around $150. they look and feel great; inside of them is, you guessed it, a tippman.

then get a J&J ceramics 12 or 14 inch barrel. Skip the cyclone hopper, they're junk compared to a nice halob or reloader b.

·
Administrator
14,012 Posts
^^^ agreed, dont try and be a sniper, all paintball markers have the same range, dont buy into the advertising hype of the apex and flatline, they dont give you any aditional useable range.

if you want a tippmann because of the looks thats fine go with it, but if you want a good starting marker that has better preformance than the tippmanns, there are a good amount of markers out there with MUCH more preformance for the same price

above all else, go get a nice mask first, like tomorrow, before you spend money on anything else, its your most important piece of equipment

·
Registered
37 Posts
A pure energy CF 68/3000 (which is avail. ANYwhere) runs typically $190, leaves about $210 ... That amount will get you an A-5... just add Paint, and you can have a blast. Very upgradable if it turns out you want something different...

The A-5 is the Honda Civics’ of paintball, Millions of different parts, upgrades, accessories that you can have, add, etc.

And

Just like a Honda Civic, no matter what you add it will always be a Honda Civic. It’s still an A-5 ... which actually is still an impressive gun. Brass Eagle/JT Tac5 ... you could do much worse. Just as you could get Neon, or Cavalier, or some early 90's Pontiac with a fast n furious wing on the back...

PLUS you can get an A-5 for lots less then $210, as well as a HPA tank. Enough to get a great mask and/or actual made for paintball attire.

·
Registered
8 Posts
my buddy's flatline on his X7 works great much more accurate but previous posts are right it's paintball... the flatline helped steer the ball straight does not increase range but still.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Get the a5, as you know its the most customizable and seems a lot lighter then the x7. 98 customs don't have the cyclone so there's really no point.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
Get the a5, as you know its the most customizable and seems a lot lighter then the x7. 98 customs don't have the cyclone so there's really no point.
that IS the point of not getting an A-5. A regular hopper is a much wiser choice than the cyclone.

That said, this thread is seriously old. read the post dates before posting in them please.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts