Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well, actually a friend and I were thinking, of working our asses off this summer and getting cyborgs. that spread around the paintball community at school really fast since that only includes 15 people, and one of the kids i know said that cyborgs aren't very consistent, which means bad accuracy. he also said he got to shoot a sonic cyborg so he knew from experience. i didnt really believe anything he said, because from what ive heard these are quite impressive guns. he also said i shouldnt get one... but left no suggestions for what i should get.

hearing this from one person who isn't exactly 100% trustworthy hasn't changed my mind one bit about getting the cyborg, but its still kind of disturbing knowing that there is a chance he could be right. so someone tell me, was he right or was he bull****ting me? i'm going from a spyder clone straight to the cyborg by the way, i was thinking that for $1000 it has to be more accurate than a blowback gun, and just alot better in every other way.

and one more thing, i know there is at least one thread about this, but is the sonic borg really worth saving up for? ive heard that the extra $200 is a good deal considering that if you took a stock cyborg it would cost well over $200 to turn it into a sonic borg, but for someone coming from a spyder clone, do i really need the extra upgrades?

edit: and yet another question, what feedneck threads do borgs use? i have heard cocker and AKA, which is it?

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Since you seem to love omens I'd go with one of those. Especially since according to you Electropneumatics are not better in any way.

But if you've decided to quit being so thick headed I'll answer your questions.

He's BSing you. I'd definitely go with a cyborg, sonic cyborg, with the sonic you get all the upgrades you would've gotten except for less. You'll want the extra ups sooner or later. Might as well make it now.

I have no clue about the feednecks.

and yes they're much better than an electro spyder clone.

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
Cyborg takes AKA threaded Feednecks... Cocker threaded detents... and Cocker threaded barrels.

You can't buy wide cocker detents for cyborg cause the eye cover will block them

and sonic is worth the cash

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
any gun will suck balls when set up incorrectly. If the regs are to to high u can get kick and bad effeciancy. and if u don't tune the trigger for ur taste u'll find any gun slow.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Shoot your friend with your Borg when you get it, and ask him how it feels to be shot with one!!! Save you cash and get the Sonic, you won't be disappointed that you did.

DyeTex

1 - 8 of 8 Posts