Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Music/08/06/rick.james/index.html

(CNN) -- Singer Rick James was found dead in his home Friday morning by his caretaker, a Los Angeles police Department spokesman said.

James, 56, was a musical icon of the early 1980's and credited with helping to create the "punk funk" style of music that was characterized in his 1981 album "Street Songs."

"Street Songs" was widely acclaimed as a masterpiece upon its release and featured such hits as "Super Freak," "Give it To Me Baby," and "Fire and Desire."

"Street Songs" went triple platinum and catapulted James into the forefront of the funk movement.

The album's gritty content earned James a bad boy reputation that he often had a tough time living down. Some critics said it led to his eventual involvement with drugs and a conviction for aggravated assault and false imprisonment in the 1990s.

Maybe Chappelle's Show fans will finally shut the hell up.

·
Banned
546 Posts
In memory of Rick James, nobody can say I'm Rick James, *****. or any other comment made famous by David Chappelle for atleast a month. I command thee. Heh.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Cocains a powerful drug
Cocains a powerful drug

There.. its out of my system for good now. I've been saying that at work whever I do something stupid. Unfortunetly, nobody has ever heard of the Chapelle show, so they all probobly think I DO use cocain... hmmm...

Anyway

Don't do drugs. Stay in school

NIck

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
HP_lovecraft said:
Cocains a powerful drug
Cocains a powerful drug

There.. its out of my system for good now. I've been saying that at work whever I do something stupid. Unfortunetly, nobody has ever heard of the Chapelle show, so they all probobly think I DO use cocain... hmmm...

Anyway

Don't do drugs. Stay in school

NIck
thumup:

·
Registered
647 Posts
i want to be a Certified Super Freak.... PUT IT IN YOUR SIG!! I'M #1!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts