Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys go Ice fishing? I love to go but i don't get a lot of time to do it. I went this winter break with my dad back around mid january. We usually catch nothern pike, but this trip all we got was a bass. But it wasn't just any bass, it was about the biggest bass we have seen, it weighed about 6 lbs. That day was cold too, started out 10 below. We also had a fish take out all the line on a tipup and snap the steel leader, my guess was a large NP, but unforutantly thats just a fish story i don't have proof of that one. Here is a pic of the bass:

·
Registered
427 Posts
I ice fish all the time, i usually catch northerns too. Me and a couple friends go down onto the river with our fourwheelers, icehouses and all and just fish for like 8 hours straight lol, we usaually catch 5-12lbs northers, sometimes perch. The biggest fish i pulled up otta the ice was last yeah, a 14.3 pound northern man was i proud:D

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've never gone ice fishing but it's something I really want to do. Mainly I fly fish and that's really fun cause on a good day you 'll spend more time getting your hook out of fish then actually in the water waiting for a catch. One day in Eastern WA, my dad and I caught 30 fish each in three hours. They were all rainbow trout and some were kinda small but we got took home 2 11 inchers and 1 14 incher, breakfast was very good the next morning

1 - 4 of 4 Posts