Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know how we use tanks and stuff in paintball. The problem with having a gunner is that he may get shot....
What if u could rotate the gun, aim up and down, and fire without having a gunner exposed???

It's possible...I've been messin around with electronics today and Ive thought it through.
First of all, you need the gun set on a rotatable tripod, that will also be able to move the barrel up and down using a lever. *I'm sure you can fabricate it.
Now that I've covered the theory of how to move the paintball gun, you're probably now going to ask me how to shoot it...lever?? Nooooo......... manually...sort of

The 5g swith that I asked about earlier, is going to be modified using some of your thinking. Lever type would be best.
First ofall, you need to protect the wires that are going to run from the soldered*sp?* end of the gun to the actual micro switch. Now you have the switch to where if you press it from inside the tank, you can now, fire from inside the tank. You could possibly mount it on the side of the tripod and take full advantage of a gunner. Maybe a periscope or something to that effect.....................
A simple toggle switch and a rc battery would activate the motor...

You could also use a brush motor with a large pinon gear that if rigged correctly, would spin at a high rate of speed, depressing the lever and the button ever time a different tooth touched the lever of the switch.....

An rc motor, spins at 30,600 rpms
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAVJ2&P=ML

And gears
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEX34&P=ML
16 tooth set would be best
Microswitch
http://www.plumcreekmarketing.com/08tamaya/images/fullsize/161084.jpg

And a toggle switch to activate the system
http://www.plumcreekmarketing.com/08tamaya/images/fullsize/161083toggleswitch.jpg

Now, a properly set up gun with nitro for consistency and an uncapped board would likely top out around
30,600 rpms/60 seconds=510 rpss. divided by a 16 tooth gear............You could crank out............roughly, if the gun could keep up, over 30 bps........
a gun with a HIGH cycle rate is seriously needed. U may want to go down to a 5800 rpm motor

My formula may be off, but i'm guessing somewhere in the ball park of 30+

Other factors will play in this role, but you understand the CONCEPT. Which can be modified..fun for tankwars.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
pbf presents........another half-baked idea from xxxfirexxx. Dude, that would just be like a turret or blind firing, each of which are lame, and turrents get special rules anyway.

Also, i just sigged part of this.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like I said, it's just for a more scenario effect to save the gunner................like in actual wars, u don't want to lose a gunner before he gets to the destination.

But It was just a concept, something to ponder over.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
easy you use fiber glas or mesh to keep the gunner from getting shot

mesh/fiberglass = 0 hard work and maybe $40 max
your idea = experience and hard work and at least $100

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, but it would give a more realistic tank and u could fire from inside the cockpit while the gun is still on top.

And no hard work, just somethinking, and if you want to go easy you could use an old electric brushmotor and some plastic gears.
switches are like fuggin 3 bucks a piece, but it's just a concept.

·
revvies rock my socks
280 Posts
well heres a different idea get a tippy get a firestorm crank get a bipod set it up with the barrel sticking through fiberglass sheets and if u follow xxxfires idea slap yourself multiple times because you wasted abunch of time and money

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a concept. The idea behind it is not to see how you could do it other ways, but to make you ponder about how the design would work, ways to better it, and it it would work.

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
Heres an idea, it doesnt matter at all how exposed the gunners on a tank are, because they can get hit as many times and you want to shoot them and they are still in the game.

Tanks in scenerio games will have a bottle/can/box on the hood, and when a paintball manages to hit the back of it, thatcounts as a destruction of the tank.

Moral of the story is that your stupid.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't care of your opinion of me, but what I'm saying is it will get you to think. If you think my threads are stupid then do the simple thing that will save you from getting banned or looking like an ass, stay out. Or just ignore me. Both of the options will help you.

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
Except I didnt just flame, I stated why your idea was retarded, which it is.

End of story.

And I will post wherever, and whenever I want. Every member I have disliked on this forum has ended up being banned, hopefully your time isn't too far off.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nope, because I'm not the kind that get's mad at someone over the internet. You'll probably get banned before I do. If you don't like me then ignore me, that'll save you a couple of warnings.

·
Registered
74 Posts
chrome calm down he's tryin ta make ya think my god.so what if it is a stupid idea?people called albert einstein stupid for saying atoms had incomprehensible power.....

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
chromekilla said:
I dont get warnings, mods congratulate me for making idiots like you look....well....like an idiot.
You must feel really cool then.. awesome..

·
Your Worst Nightmare
5,270 Posts
chromekilla said:
I dont get warnings, mods congratulate me for making idiots like you look....well....like an idiot.
You get warnings, or you have in the past anyway. Don't push your luck Tom, you know that i'm standing for this crap anymore. Just make sure you follow the rules ok?

Stop the flames, keep it clean.

- Brian

1 - 18 of 18 Posts