Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Idea's for making your own Bunkers

42K views 171 replies 106 participants last post by  AABatteries 
#1 ·
I'm sure alot of people other then me have tried to build there own course in there backyard.
I'm mostly talking speedball but you can have bunkers in the woods also.

Using just plywood as bunkers is expensive (unless its used like mine) and having all plywood bunkers isn't much fun.

I've used tarps, tents, cars, old car hoods, and other misc. stuff to make cheap bunkers. I've made snakes and tubes and direto bunkers and stuff before also. If you want to know what exattly i did with those things listed above just ask.

So anyway back to the point, anyone have any other Idea's on what i can use laying around the house to build my own bunkers.

#6 ·
idk about snakes, but you can always go to most local stores(particaruly hardware) and get pallets for free. a little bit of modding(move the wood on one side to the other to fill in holes) and it makes a pretty decent bunker

#118 ·
****, beat me to it as well. I love wood skids and/or pallets.

#7 ·
dfdtrumpet said:
idk about snakes, but you can always go to most local stores(particaruly hardware) and get pallets for free. a little bit of modding(move the wood on one side to the other to fill in holes) and it makes a pretty decent bunker
Damn, beat me too it. Stores like wal-mart and stuff ususally have a bunch out back, just pull a pickup around there and load it up.

#9 ·
ok, well here's my idea for a snake:

I take some fence posts and put them in a row, then I run a fence line across them at the height of the snake. Then I bought a bunch of tarps form the local hardware store and i drap them over the fence line. The problem we ran into was the tarps started to blow away so we put rocks and boards on the bottem part of the tarps. This works pretty good, but the snakes are really skinny.

Any other Ideas??

#12 ·
old doors, i kno a guy who used a old couch. a desk and w/e else that is good to hide behind.

#14 ·
uhh you can use plastic toats and if u have anything that blows up. You could also build bunkers out of wood. I have 2 blow up things ones a football player ones a baseball player and they have holes in the middle to catch baseballs and stuff. Well i use those and put my barrel threw the hole :) works great

#16 ·
those plastic kiddie pools..i know somebody said inflatable pools...but the plastic pools would work just as well. go to like salvation army and pick up some old tv's or something that are very large....i dunno....you could always go to a lumber yard and ask for pallets or scrap lumber....thats always cheap..well free anyway

#19 ·
Cool, yea thats what i've made is my own feild but i needed some more idea's. These are great.

How do u get the old doors to stand up right?? And some of the other things. Tree's arn't always an option, I've been using fence posts anything else?

#20 ·
the_real_kaz said:
Cool, yea thats what i've made is my own feild but i needed some more idea's. These are great.

How do u get the old doors to stand up right?? And some of the other things. Tree's arn't always an option, I've been using fence posts anything else?
I just watched a video and they used hay bails piled up, looked good. I dont know if you can get them easily....or how much they cost...no idea...but they worked pretty good on the field I just saw.

#22 ·
contractkillerx said:
You have to steal them from farms.
Good idea.... wait till it gets dark... get a pickup and go hay bail picking.... that would be funny! Then the cops ask you why you were stealing hay, and you tell them your making a paintball field...they might laugh and let you go... :)

#25 ·
What me and a bunch of my buddy's did was we spent about a month in the woods behind a friends house and dug 2 massive trenches on either side of the course and got some random stuff from this junkyard we found about an hour away...I'll have to post some pics, it's pretty bada$$

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.