Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm a new poster but I've been lurking around here quite a while.

Anyways, I recently bought a used A5 from a local shop with an eGrip. The only reason I really need to reprogram it is because on a few modes the board will run away on me. There are 5 modes that I can cycle through by pressing down the button with an allen key and the number of flashes represents the firing mode it's in. The only modes that don't run away are Mode 1 - Single fire and Mode 3 - 3 shot safety Full auto. As for the other modes, I have no idea. I pull down the trigger and it will shoot even after I let go. I need some expert advice! Is there anywhere I can look at the board to actually tell what type it is? Or can I tell from the grip itself? I'm sure someone here can tell me how, or identify it for me. I will post pictures as soon as I can, thanks!

EDIT: This is the grip itself, I'll open it up and take a picture of the board if no one knows.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
It is 99% going to be an APE or WAS board and money is on the WAS because they were a stock board for most of the A5's production run.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
The new ones I believe are coming with the HE selector grips like the X7 uses. The original egrips though required you to use a jewelers screwdriver to turn a screw to change firing modes. After that one they switched to the WAS that used a pain in the ass "count the blinks" mode. Not a big deal except that the button and light is recessed so far back into the grip it is really tough to see. There were a few aftermarket boards released as well but the APE was the most popular.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup it turns out it was a WAS board, now I just need to figure out how to get it from running away from me.... any suggestions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what does that mean?
When I shoot the gun, it will continue to shoot until I hold down the trigger again. This happens in every mode except for single fire and the 3-shoot safety full auto. I reset the board multiple times and have had no success. It appears to be a common problem for these boards but no one can tell me how to fix it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is totally cleaned and lubed from last weekend. It appears to be a common problem but I can't find a solution....

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a W.A.S. Board that did that my fix was a new e-trigger. I've changed settings like crazy to make it stop doing that back to factory setting nothing helped currently have the H.E. trigger no longer shoots by itself

·
Registered
4 Posts
It basically is acting like the trigger bounce I've managed to remove the trigger while it was doing that that's when I got the new trigger

1 - 13 of 13 Posts