Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a used Spyder Pilot for 40 bucks, along with the stock barrel came a 16 inch (from end to end, including flash suppressor) black steel barrel (I assume its steel, its on the heavier side but I dont have another 16 in to compare it to) marked "Made in Mexico, Patent # 6.453.593 B1" This is the patent info:

Gun barrel with longitudinal spin ... - Google Patent Search

It has "longitudinal grooves" that can be felt with a finger, specifically to launch the ball devoid of any spin. And it says the flash-suppressor looking thing is functional, when I thought all that stuff was for show? I havent shot it yet, and I dont have any other barrels to compare it to, but can anyone comment on what it might be and whether or not I should bother keeping it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldnt throw it out, Id try to sell it but id rather get a barrel I KNOW is good, like a JJ ceramic, which I found on ebay in 14 inches for 25 shipped brand new.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
You have a CMI Tru Flight barrel. CMI has been around for a long time and makes decent products so you have no reason to go and buy a new barrel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts