Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went and bought a carbon fiber barrel for my fenix off craiglist but wasn't smart enough to bring my gun. Well the guy said it was spyder thread but doesn't go in my gun all the way. The pitch of the threads are fairly close to that of spyders but it has more threads too. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Yeah, it could be. I think Stiffi's were only made in A1, Cocker, Impulse, Shocker, 98C, A5, and Spyder threads. That's obviously not either of the Tippmanns, not a A1, not Spyder. Not course enough to be Impulse/Ion threading, so it's either cocker or Shocker. And I don't remember SFT threads well, but I don't think they looked like that. So I would vote for cocker.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hahaha you guys are funny. while buying a new marker does sound like a good idea. I think I'll just try to confirm it is cocker thread and then just get back the money I have in it. Thanks for the help everyone.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
paid $30 and came with a 98C adapter. only down side is it's .691 and the paint i shoot fits better in my .684 trinity barrel. I did shoot a few balls through the stiffi barrel and i wasn't impressed but that could be because it didn't fit correctly or just the oversize bore.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so I finally got a chance to try the barrel on a cocker threaded gun and its too small. one of the refs at the field thought maybe it was impulse/ion.

D

·
0 Posts
when I get home - between fits of furious accounting studying...if I remember...

I'll take a pic of Cocker vs. Impulse threading for comparison purposes.regretfully, I don't have any Spyder threaded markers, or I'd have a spyder threaded barrel to throw into the mix too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I do have a cocker barrel for comparison. Measuring the major diameter of the threads on cocker barrel its .932" the mystery carbon fiber threads are .865" but the pitch of these two barrels do look to be the same.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts