Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking about getting a nyx matrix and i was wondering, besides a evolve bolt kit do i need a tadao board or should i stick with the one it comes with, and i was wondering if i do get a new board would i need to get new grips so it can fit in or will it fit the same screen the nyx comes with? also what holds the board in place?

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
The board is held in with screws. I'm not going to answer if you need a new board or not becuase i'm not positive if you can change out the board or not.

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
actually, i dont know. the egi board does rock but the tadao 4.0 (which i have) is more user friendly and nicer, but you really dont need to replace it. i would really only replace it if your A) really anal bout having the best of the best OR B) have a tadao modded to ramp (hehe)

·
Registered
102 Posts
How easy is it to install a Tadao, am I going to need to replace the whole EGI board? (Take it out and put in a Tadao board)? I've heard the Tadao for the NYX is a chip not a board?

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
its not hard. you just remove the stock board, install the tadao and put the wires into the designated areas. the tadao is real easy to program too

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've been told much more bad news. First the real chip for the NYX is still in proto not officially released, second I guess NYX owners have been able to get the "board" to work BUT only newer NYX users. I have an older NYX with the wire and I'm told it will not support those eyes, guess I'm screwed unless I replace breech, get the TMC eyes, and drill a hole under breech to get the wires to eye, god what a hastle, I hope they get the NYX chip out of proto soon then I won't even have to put in a new board.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts