Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But really, this if for your own good.

I've got a whole new perspective on drinking now that I'm at university. It's almost worse than highschool. Every weekend multiple people end up puking in the washroom on my floor. There isnt that many of us on this floor. That means, the same people are likely puking weekend after weekend. Which is really ****ing lame.

Puking means stop.

no joke.

Witnessing all these losers get drunk like this just makes the whole drinking scene seem so lame and I want nothing to do with it anymore. I went from drinking quite a bit, to nothing here. I just have no desire to get drunk with these idiots. Plus I'm lame when I'm drunk. In my eyes anyways. People always laugh at the **** I say and my buddies back home love having me around to drink with. Makes for a good time and a good story. But it's weak. You do weak things when youre drunk. And I dont like that. So Ive cut back, a lot.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
I think a lot of peoples goal when drinking is to get majorly ****faced. So they drink and drink (or sometimes just have a drink if they can't hold anything) until they puke and feel totally drunk. Then they believe that they are cool because they're drunk. Then they make sure to tell everyone around them they're drunk.

Thankfully we don't have many of those people around here.

Why go so far to puke when you can just buzz?

·
Registered
920 Posts
I agree, IM only in highschool and its annoying as hell becuase every weekend a couple kids are like "OMFG DOOOD I got sooo ****faced last weekend kekekekekekek, then I had to drive home and it was like awesome." Its like hmmm...... please die? Seriously, getting a buzz>wasted.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
big_balla said:
Very true.

Eat before you drink. That will minimize puking. One hot pocket all day doesn't count, either. :nododgy:
Yeah I learned that the hard way, heh.

·
Almost leet
1,999 Posts
i love when ur at a party and u worn that one super dumb ***** to stop drinking..

and then 20 mins later there puking everywhere and all out of it and crap.

drinking with immature people is lame

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Yeah I've only gotten actually drunk like 3 to 4 times...and I always made sure that I ate before drinking, to make sure i didnt get sick or anything. And I refuse to drink and drive, I am always willing to sleep in my car if there is nowhere to sleep in the house, just because of some of the **** i have seen/heard.

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
ive never gotten totallty trashed, because i know when enough is enough. most of my friends are the same way. if i ever black out, i will feel very badly about it, not cool. i wont tell the forum the next day, and ill talk as little about it with my friends as possible. i just dont get why kids thinkit's so cool. everyone drinks, it not like youre special because you have less self control than normal drinkers..

getting buzzed = great for watching a game with the boys
getting drunk = good every once in a while when the time is right. usually involves smoking AND drinking
getting plastered = completely unnecesarry, ever

·
45's to the sky
4,355 Posts
I'm just sick of people drinking in highschool. I used to drink, but I haven't been drunk in like 8 months or so. Its just really retarded how people get drunk like every day in the summer, and Friday and Saturdays during school. I just can't deal with people anymore. My friends get caught, they don't care, they drink some more. They never learn from their mistakes, and thats what really makes me mad. I just stopped drinking because I realized how stupid it is to me. I'm hoping its better in college, but here, you have so many people drinking just to fit in and to feel cool, or drinking so they can just "forget everything and have a good time". To me, thats really stupid that they have to drink just to have fun now. I go to parties but I don't drink anymore, and I still have a great time. I just wish people would learn.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
I usually drink to get buzzed, sometimes to get drunk. I have a pretty good idea of my limits, so I know when to stop before I get sick.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
I'd never touched beer till college. I also have a blood presure/heart condition/thingy, so I'm really careful to make sure I don't black out. Don't want to even begin pushing my luck any further.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I couldnt even imagine goin 2 a party and not drinking... Then again I live in Iowa and everyone drinks. The only juniors or seniors that dont drink in high school are the nerds.

I dont know what its like in other places.. but drinking is not a big deal at all. Honestly... over half the parties here... the parents are there drinking with us and they dont care what you do as long as nothin breaks and no one pukes on carpet/floor/furniture ect.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
got pretty drunk last night, first Time I've been to a party where I didn't drink a single beer...they had a huge container (probably like 10-20 gallons worth) of some mixed drink called spody(not sure on spelling)but you just mix hard alcohol in a big ice box with fruit and fruit juice, and get a ladel. i also had my first shot of 151 (had 3 shots actually) and found out just how potent that stuff is. Had some good watermelon bacardi, and tried aftershock, which is really good. Had one of my sober friends drive a few of us down to his house and we left our cars there for the night, crashed at his house...pretty cool, cuz I was gonna sleep in my car, but I'll never refuse a warm bed

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Lordgunner said:
I couldnt even imagine goin 2 a party and not drinking... Then again I live in Iowa and everyone drinks. The only juniors or seniors that dont drink in high school are the nerds.

I dont know what its like in other places.. but drinking is not a big deal at all. Honestly... over half the parties here... the parents are there drinking with us and they dont care what you do as long as nothin breaks and no one pukes on carpet/floor/furniture ect.
I find it funny that you go to parties where the parents also attend.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
sNoW PIrAnHa said:
I find it funny that you go to parties where the parents also attend.
haha my friend's parents came to the halloween party last weekend, both dressed up as cheerleaders. It was quite funny to see them amongst the teenagers.

They are really cool people though to party with

1 - 20 of 32 Posts