Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you'd ever start a small garage or something or you'd somehow get some money what cars would you buy to just have? I'm not talking about SL500 Benz and 911 Porsches, I mean like something around 5-15k and something you'd do some work on.

Personally i'd probably get a late 80's porsche or corvette. Possiably an earlier 90's mustang. I'd just buy performance parts on it and take it to the track every often and drive around for fun sometimes.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Crap, so not a dream garage. Fine, i'll play your game.

Ford Focus. I'd make it able to run tracks but be a daily driver. Start w/ brakes suspension, lighten it up, then some engine ups. Eventually slap a mustang v8 in there. Yes, it's possible those crazies over at SVT did it.

Lancer Evo 9. Maybe upgrade engine parts to run some more boost. Or possibly leave it stock engine and set it up for some local rallying. don't want so much power doing that ****, i'd kill myself.

·
Registered
449 Posts
C4 Vette, GMC Syclone, or a rare G-body like T-type Regal or Hurst Olds. I'd really like a 1LE IROC which is like mine except hard top, 9-bolt with bigger brakes, A/C delete, special gas tank, World class T-5 Tranny. Basically a factory race car that is streetable.

·
Registered
363 Posts
95 stang with the 5.0 HO motor and hopefully can find a mach or svt cheap with good performance parts already equipped, or a 93 RX7 mazda with the 1.3 twin turbo those are capable of over 400hp and gets unbeleivable gas mileage....................hard to find though.

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
Well, I actually hope to be able to do this in the future sometime. I'd probably do up a Lancer Evo VIIIMR edition. I'd put what parts I could on it, build the heck outta the motor and suspension, and tweak a few little things. Plus, I would use it for parts R&D to design new parts, like suspension, BOVs, Intakes, Intercoolers and intercooler pipes, and exhaust. Basically, the test mule for parts. I'd have to take her to some road courses and auto-x events and hopefully break some records.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
david_4x4 said:
3rd Gen RX-7 and do an LS-1 swap.

And hopefully I'll be able to actually do this soon.
;0

Why not uhmm.. gee idk.. keep the Rotary?

Anyways, I'd have a Fox Body Stang and 2 bikes in it. GSX-R 600 and R1.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Caterham (Lotus) Seven with a turboed 4cyl engine. Over 300hp in a car that weighs 1,200lbs. 0-60 in the two second range, 1/4 mile in the 11's, and better than Go-cart handling. Cost around $60,000 if you buy it already built, but you can do it in kit form for a lot less. I'd start simple and build it up over time. Nothing could touch it. :tup

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
1337PAINTBALLER said:
How about you just get an AWD Turbo Talon? Much cheaper than a GSX..
Or he could get a car for real men :rolleyes:

Anyhow, C4 vette, and my current camaro...maybe a '78 Chevy Monza because they are so damn light and you can drop a 350 right in there. Over all of that though, I would want my dream car, a 68 Camaro, fix it up, put in a 350 crate motor and a Wieand Roots blower.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
RunningRioT said:
04-05 STi, upgrade internals, chipped, retune for mid end power..

good rally car.
or

Import skyline from japan, bolt on a new turbo, upgrade engine interals, retune for mid end power, suspension, sway bars.

ultimte track car.
i dont believe a skyline is between 5-15k, or did they drop in value like hella?

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
flowbob said:
i dont believe a skyline is between 5-15k, or did they drop in value like hella?
It cost that much just to get it imported and street legal, it not more than 15k. Then the car itself and upgrades... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
778 Posts
1337PAINTBALLER said:
;0

Why not uhmm.. gee idk.. keep the Rotary?
Why not?

LS1 powered RX-7s are pretty sweet, I've always wanted an RX-7 minus the rotary.

The benifits from the swap greatly outweigh why not to do it. Good fuel mileage, good handling, unique, reliable, cheap etc etc.

·
1,751 Posts
1337PAINTBALLER said:
How about you just get an AWD Turbo Talon? Much cheaper than a GSX..
Uglier...by alot.

One of the big reasons I want that car is I think it is my favorite looking car under 100k.

And about the real mans car....you are probly the kind of guy who likes to wear pink because it is for "real men".

1 - 20 of 41 Posts