Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on the way home tonight we were listening to The Savage Nation, and they were talking about illegal immigrants down near the border. I was wondering what you guys thought of the whole issue.

My opinion is that if they are illegal, then they should not live here. Makes sense, so why do people not understand this? Why are there all these people who want to open the borders, or give illegals their drivers licenses, and things such as that. It doesn't make sense. I also agree with what Maddox said about how there would not be as much of a problem if illegals got paid the same as American workers. That way, there is no benefit to hiring illegals over Americans.

Discuss.

-Jin

·
Wheeeeee!
1,366 Posts
I don't think it's a good policy to let people into our country unsupervised. If we let migrant Mexicans stay, then that means we have to let anyone else stay as well, any of whom could be terrorists. It's just not a safe way to go. If you want the right to work in our country, come in through the FRONT door, and we'll see what we can do. Otherwise, you're off my amnesty list for certian.

It's just an election year prop to get minorities voting Bush. It's never going to happen, and it's shady politics to pretend like it is.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
i agree. if they legitimately wanted to EARN their freedom, they should become legal immigrants, and not scratchbacks. it may be unfortunate that they're in a not-so-fortunate situation, but that's my opinion

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
well, if they are illegal then technically it is a crime for them to be here, and crimes are not right. but if they earn their citizenship, then let them in.

and oh yeah, they must speak fluent english, no exceptions. hell, my earthlink tech support is made up of immigrants, their accents are so thick i have to just hang up on them, because they can't understand me saying "bye" <-- and yes, i called the english #. twice.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
personally, it annoys me. i also get sick of immigrants in general. immigration laws should require you to be able to at least speak SOME english. i cant tell you how many times ive gone somewhere and the guy has an accent i dont understand, or pronounces a word wrong. but illegal immigrants are dangerous in that, they take jobs from people who need it. also, they do understand its illegal, thats how they smuggle themselves in. why does anyone do anything illegal? because they can, no one stops you.

·
Registered
188 Posts
If someone is living here illegally, guess what THATS ILLEGAL! Not only will they not have to pay taxes, do jury duty, or contribute to america in anyway besides working for half the price of an actual American, we wont know if they have any diseases, and lots of them turn out to be wanted or escaped criminals. They should go and work to BECOME a citizen just like everyone else did if they want to live here.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Part of me dosnt want any immigrants but when I say that I dont mean the normal onesI ...just the indians and pakistani. They hate our country so much (canada, a lil more US) its not even worth it to take the risk. All they do is take our jobs or plot on how to ruin our country so that its a ****ty as theirs. I feel as though they should stay there and we can just leave each other alone. If it wasnt for immigration I wouldnt be here as my oma and opa are Dutch and moved to canada during the war when they were kids. So if it wasnt for that then in a way I wouldnt be here as well as tons of other people. Even though I was born here.

·
Registered
544 Posts
bob005 said:
well, if they are illegal then technically it is a crime for them to be here, and crimes are not right. but if they earn their citizenship, then let them in.

Exactly. I also have to agree with Maddox on this one. If they are givin the same pay then we will not lose jobs because of them, but there will be even more of an overpopulation if we just let them in freely.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It is too tough to monitor the entire U.S. mexican border and keep them out. The only logical thing to do, is to hire immagrants to station along the entire border and stop others from coming. It just isn't rational though. They want to get here so bad that they will risk anything to do so. They're country can be just that bad.

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
I heard from someone that a couple of mexicans died from lack of water trying to get here, and they somehow successfully got the gov't to install water stations out around the border. I don't see how that could be true, I really would hope it isn't.

·
No comment
1,770 Posts
ja289 said:
personally, it annoys me. i also get sick of immigrants in general. immigration laws should require you to be able to at least speak SOME english. i cant tell you how many times ive gone somewhere and the guy has an accent i dont understand, or pronounces a word wrong. but illegal immigrants are dangerous in that, they take jobs from people who need it. also, they do understand its illegal, thats how they smuggle themselves in. why does anyone do anything illegal? because they can, no one stops you.
1. It's not their ****in fault that they cant speak perfect english and have accents so dont get mad at them for that.

2. The reason that they know that it is illegal but do it anyways is not becasue "they can, no one stops you." It's because they are trying to make money to support themselves and their family.

But no, illegal immigrants should not be in the country because it is just that, illegal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts