Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you can believe that there is such thing... I'm getting a Tokyo Marui SPAS-12 without folding stock. I want it for a few things. First is becuase my local pball field is having friday night airsoft games, second is becuase I'm the dad dude in the Boondock saints and I need a shotty, and third is so I can break into an abandoned house down the street and have somethign to shoot, but not give paintball a bad name.

Pball still comes first and is the love of my life.

Flames/comments?

I brought my marshmallows.

·
I'm on your back.
1,882 Posts
I hope you enjoy your purchase. And while the gun you purchase is advanced for begginers, you'll have a real hard time going up against AEGs. And Tokyo Marui shotgun shells are a pain to load, and to find when they drop outta your gun. But Tokyo Marui makes good stuff, and you won't be dissapointed. I'm glad that paintballers are finally becoming less stubborn and just TRYING airsoft before they bash it.

Heres like what he got:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/astomega/dokumentaatio/asekuvat/spas12.jpg

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know abotu as much abotu airsoft as I do paintball, and thats a lot. Even before I went paintballingI was searching the web late at night for info. Anyways I enjoy milsim stuff..

I'm thiking abotu getting a pistol too maybe later, but my next purchase is probably going to be a Delrin bolt and a reg for my gun.. I had a revalation adn decided to spread around my money on more then just pb stuff.

I wish I had enough money for an M4 or something.

·
V8 Interceptor
2,125 Posts
Welcome to the club. I own a TM SPAS with the folding stock.
One piece of advice; Do NOT take it apart unless you know full well what you're doing with it, it's not easy on any level to take dis/re-assemble. However, if you would like some help in the area, I'd be more than happy to lend my services.

Flash LCD said:
I hope you enjoy your purchase. And while the gun you purchase is advanced for begginers, you'll have a real hard time going up against AEGs. And Tokyo Marui shotgun shells are a pain to load, and to find when they drop outta your gun. But Tokyo Marui makes good stuff, and you won't be dissapointed. I'm glad that paintballers are finally becoming less stubborn and just TRYING airsoft before they bash it.

Heres like what he got:
I'm curious, what do you mean the shells 'fall out' of TM Shotguns? Could you explain what you mean?

·
I'm on your back.
1,882 Posts
Lowtryx said:
I'm curious, what do you mean the shells 'fall out' of TM Shotguns? Could you explain what you mean?
Well, when you move the lever to let the shell out, you gotta make sure you have your other hand under it to catch the shell. If you don't have your hand under it, or it slips from your grip, it's a pain to pick up in the hail of gun fire.

Alpha, skip the M9 and go for the G18. Great gun, its got the power of a springer, and full auto, just like the real thing. It's the best EBB ever made.

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I might get a apring Mark 23. Not sure. I might just buy all 3 of the TM EBB pistols and save the SPAS for later. I could pull it off. A pair of pistols on either leg and on in my hand. I dunno yet.

But I'm a HUGE fan of the Mark 23 in real life. I'd love to get one if they wern't 1000+ bucks. The airsoft one has threads for a silencer too.

Is www.tokyohobby.com legit? Loks too good to be true.

·
Registered
181 Posts
people in airsoft are trusted to call themselves out when hit. suprisingly, most people do follow the honor system.

alpha, you could get a maruzen ca870 sawed off or cqb version. it uses magazines that hold 40bbs. it does not shoot three bbs at once,but it can be upgraded to 400fps i think. it has a shortened aps-2(sniper rifle) spring. when upgraded it can shoot very far(150+)

then there is always gas smgs and aegs...

·
Banned
196 Posts
can u ajust the velocity of airsoft? and what does it feel like getting hit compared to pb???

·
I'm on your back.
1,882 Posts
You can ajust hop-up, whuch affects the trajectory of the bb. However, fps limits are pretty high at most games, so there really is no need to have a velocity ajuster bulit into the gun. And, as for how it hurts compared to paintball, they're differnt kinds of pain. Paintball is more like a little pUnch, and airsoft is like a big pInch. Cheating is not a problem. People do call themselves out, remember that airsoft is mil sim, so it's just more realistic for everyone to call themselves out. And people wipe in paintball, so don't say people cheat in airsoft because it dosn't leave a mark.

Alpha, comparing the 18c to the Mk23 is comparing apples and oranges. You have to decide if you want a fully auto gun with lower velocity and range (G18) or if you want a manually powered gun with higher velocity and more range (MK23). As for shotguns, unless you want the spas strictly for looks, I would go for the M3 shorty. It's similar to the spas, I find it better. It's a smaller size for more maneuverablity, it's easier to pump, and it weighs less and has less things to snag onto than the spas. Whitty did make a good point. For 100 bucks domesticly, not overseas, you could get a Maruzen CA870. It's a great shotgun that has more upgrade potential than the Tokyo Marui shotguns. It does only fire on shot, and has a mag, not shells. It pretty much boils down to this: If you plan on upgrading, get a CA870. If you plan on keeping it stock, and like the realistic shells, get the M3 or spas. In your posistion I would go for the M3 shorty, it makes a wonderful CQB weapon.

·
Registered
285 Posts
do those airsoft shotguns actually fie multiple pellets all around or is it just single shot shotgun look alike, and does airsoft hurt as much or less than pb?

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I want a SPAS. ITs got that autopump feature, correct? Meaning I can hold the trigger and pump to shoot lik in some pb pumps. '

If I do decide to get a Mark 23 its going to be the KHC one. Not spring, I want a semi.

EDIT: The one I want (all Tokyo Marui shotties) shoot 3 bbs at once. They have shells of 30 rounds, so you can sustain 10 shots without having to reload shells. I'm getting a sling that has loops for shells too..

·
I'm on your back.
1,882 Posts
You can do that with any airsoft shotgun, not too good for the gun, but you can do it.
Please do not get any off brand product. KHC is off brand CYMA is offbrand, there are a lot. EBBs are crap, except ones made by TM, and even those are just okay. If you want a semi auto MK23, either get a gas gun, or get a spring gun. EBBs are CRAP esepecially KHC ones.

Okay here we go.

If your getting a TM spas: http://www.plyconsarmory.com/shotguns/spas12a.htm

If your getting a TM M3 shorty http://www.plyconsarmory.com/shotguns/supershort.htm

If youir getting any kind of MK23 airsoft gun:
either go here http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/gas.htm and look at the 3rd gun down.

or

http://www.dentrinityshop.com/pr_list.jsp?cid=HAG&bid=TMI and look at 5th one down.

or

http://www.dentrinityshop.com/pr_list.jsp?cid=HAG&bid=TSPS look at the 5th and 6th ones down.

Those are the only ones I can reccomend. I will not reccomend any EBB except the Tokyo Marui G18 http://www.dentrinityshop.com/pr_list.jsp?cid=HAG&bid=TEBP first one on the page.

I know that's a lot of info to take in, but I want your first steps into the airsoft world to be good ones.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts