Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because any textbook worth $130 needs to be protected at all times!

seriously, I just spent $430 on 4 books at the bookstore. I know buying online is the ideal way to go, but i signed up late for class so it wasn't' really an option

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
I just spent $290 today and got books for 4 of my classes. I love used books :hug:, still ridiculous though, even more so that im not going to use half of them

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Ya I spent $200+ for books this semester....luckily, one book from last semester i can use this semester and then one book i got for this semester i can use next semester too

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
That's why computer majors rock. The books are all generally cheap. The most expensive for me was an $80 Java book (which I never use).

Bio, med, and any other science majors have it the worst. I've heard of people who spend ~$400 - $500 on TWO books.

-Jin

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
**** and i thought $75/ea for my HS textbooks was redic

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
so far i have spend about $350 on books for this next term.

But my campus seems to give you a good deal when they buy them back and the end of the term (about 60-80% of what you paid at the start of term if they were used)

·
Registered
189 Posts
That's why computer majors rock. The books are all generally cheap. The most expensive for me was an $80 Java book (which I never use).

Bio, med, and any other science majors have it the worst. I've heard of people who spend ~$400 - $500 on TWO books.

-Jin

heck yea computer majors rule! thats what im planning on going into.

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
you guys are going to hate me...

I spent $56 bucks on all my books. All I still have to buy is a black ink cartridge because I have to go lots of print out readings for one class but thats it.

Although I do need to order a few cheapo books off amazon for my gayo book club lit class.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I think someone stole my English book. If I end up having to pay anything for it I'm going to be pissed and just make a big deal about it. I now have a lock on my locker. See what happens? You don't use protection and your money is taken right out of your hands.

O

·
0 Posts
I read an aricle in the LA Times about expensive college books.

This dude just borrowed most of his books from the library because late fees were cheaper than actually buying books.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts