Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i've been thinking what the hell am I gunna do when i'm outta high school? Will I go to collage or join the Military? I have no idea what career I want to pursude after high school. I don't wanna be a doctor, dentist, or engineer. Gosh...I don't even think i'm gunna go to collage.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Fuzzy said:
Go to college first on the military scholarship then enter the military after college.
The military isn't for everyone. Also, I don't want some *** who enlisted just for the college money fighting alongside me anywhere. They're worthless. Also, your DI's and fellow recruits will beat you at basic if you make ti known you're in it just for the college money.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
go to a flight academy. my uncle jim was in the same situation but he went to this flight school and hes getting payed to fly airliners. i think hes getting 200 dollars a flight hour with like 70 hours a month.

·
12,110 Posts
Pr0ph3t said:
The military isn't for everyone. Also, I don't want some *** who enlisted just for the college money fighting alongside me anywhere.
And I dont want someone reaping my tax money thats supposed to go towards training warriors to defend this nation and its ideals for their own benefit.

The military isn't about what you get out of it. Its about what you put in for your country.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
See, the only reason I see me going to collage is to get a degree so I can have a good job, but I have Snoop's problem and idk what to major in. Some jobs i've been thinking about:

Fightfighter
Military
Or just work at a store. (Best Buy, Circuit City, etc)

·
12,110 Posts
If you work in a store, don't plan on havign a family or a social life. Chances are you'll never make anything more then a rate per hour. A salaried job (as in, you make x amount of dollars a year reguardless of how many hours you work) is really the only way you can successfully raise a family and have a life without working overtime all the time.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Ahmadi6490 said:
See, the only reason I see me going to collage is to get a degree so I can have a good job

is there really ANY other reason to go to college? thats what you go to college for, to get a degree so you can have a career. im in the same boat you're in, except im gonna be a senior this year, and im only at a cumulative like 2.0, so i dont really know what to do, it seems that i should go to a CC for the 2 years and get my associates then get into a bigger college, (i should have started running start last year so i could have my associates by the end of my senior year, but my parents said my grades werent high enough to let me do something like that) :dodgy:

·
Registered
792 Posts
Ahmadi6490 said:
See, the only reason I see me going to collage is to get a degree so I can have a good job, but I have Snoop's problem and idk what to major in. Some jobs i've been thinking about:

Fightfighter
Military
Or just work at a store. (Best Buy, Circuit City, etc)

Everyone has that problem thats why you just go to college get your basic courses out of the way which usually takes about 2 years. In those 2 years something is bound to interest you and you go for it. Im starting college in about a month, I have no clue what I want to do. I am enrolled in prebusiness but I really dont know if that is something want to do. I guess only time will tell.

·
look LOOK ! ha you looked
705 Posts
dig ditches :dodgy:

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lol, i'm not looking to start my own business. I'm gunna take Alpha advice and if anything i'll work at a store during collage and once i get out i'm going to find something to do.

Also tell me more about basic collage.....

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
ah come work for me in my reball center we want to build outta a old Walmart, indoor field and reball it's gonna be sweet just gotta get a local shop into buying the damn thing.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
dude.. you're in high school.

you think EVERYONE knows what they want to be? my older brother majored in pre-law his sophmore year of college, then changed his major to PHILOSOPHY. i have no idea what i want to major in.. i might want to work in the computer field, i might be a doctor, a lawyer i have no idea. your first year of college is for finding a major anyway. alot of people do whats called a liberal arts major. basically, you take all the REQUIRED courses (not majors or electives you choose) and you can find a major you like from that. alot of jobs are concerned where you go to graduate school (if you go to one).

also, if you're on a money budget there are SO many more options besides the military. if you WANT go to college, you'll obviously do well in school and finincial aid will pay for tuition. you can also take out student loans, and scholarships also work.

my friend was saying the same thing the other day but was being stupid and annoying about it. he kept saying 'i have no idea what i want to do after HS and i dont even want to do anything'. and i kept telling him what i just said, but he kept saying he wants to do something different, or not get a job but still go to college for fun. its stupid, because he has like a 90+ average and gets good grades and can easily get into any state school he wants to.

just because you hear someone claiming theyre going to be a lawyer, or a doctor doesn't mean you're not going to be anything or cant go to college.

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
I'm thinking about medical school or majoring in some form of social studies.

Any information about working in social studies would be greatly appreciated.

Also, Ahmadi, what do you like to do?

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Snoop06 said:
*sigh* Ive been thinkin the same thing for a while now. Im gonna be a senior, and I decided im going to college (only because I got a scholarship) but I honestly have no idea what im gonna major in or anything yet.
you and like 90% of high school graduates. its perfectly normal

hell my friends brother got a scholarship to do astrophysics and he changed his major to music

1 - 20 of 36 Posts