Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i just bought a tippmann custom pro last friday, along with a bunch of other stuff to start me off. I chose it because it's nearly indestructible, and alot of people i know have them.

After doing alot of research, i soon found that i probably should have considered my other options better. The guy at the shop offered me a vs2 and an ion, both below 280 (either or, not both), with a lifetime labor warranty (thats what the shop does)

I'm wondering if i could return it. I only shot about 100 paintballs through it, and didn't chop any. Do you know if shops, in general, allow returns on new guns? Because i think i either wanna get an ion or a vs2.

Here's my needs for a gun: I play woodsball at the moment. I was borrowing a friend's gun before deciding to buy the custom pro. I really want a gun that i could take to a speedball feild if i ever wanted to to. I also don't mind taking good care of my gun. I heard you can leave the tippmann in a puddle overnight, pick it up, and it'll still fire, and you can bang it against rocks and all kinds of things. The thing is, i couldn't imagine mistreating my gun like that. I also wouldn't mind a little pre/post use maintenance. I seriously don't know why i chose the tippmann. Do you think i should keep it? Or should i go for a better gun such as the ion or vs2? (and which one)

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
Personally I would have gone after the VS1 for your first gun. Just as fast as the VS2 and you don't need HPA right off the bat.

That tippman is alright, but I wouldn't go QUITE that far in abusing it....might still work but...

It's really up to you man, most shops aren't going to take a return on a gun that's been opened, but the bigger box stores like walmart/academy don't check very often.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the shop opened the box to show how to run the lube through it and take the co2 in and out.

and they only stock the vs2, not the vs1. Should i get that? Because i know down the road, my tippmann isn't gonna sell for much.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
if you can afford high pressure air, yes. though i hear that swapping out the o-rings on the vs2 for a different material makes it compatible with co2.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
The problem with the VS2 is the regulator on it. Get a cheap reg and a front block and it'll be no problem for you. The bottomline reg on them sucks anyway....one reason I usually take the 1 over the 2.

Here's a good deal on a [urlhttp://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=EmtyCL5IJ_RyWvmYUb2yoLTuGka3wYqUico=?ProductID=NO7AqArb53sAAAEVGAEQloD9]vs1 [/url]btw.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sorta don't wanna get the vs1 only because i wanna buy it from the shop.

how much would I have to spend to get a good hpa tank?

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
150+ new from a shop.

You COULD run a good anti-siphon CO2 tank on the VS2 and get by with it, just realize that it eventually will cause the reg to go to pot. How much do they have the VS2 for? Supporting your local shops are good, but not if they're going to price gouge on you....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my shop actually has really good prices!

i got these:
Tippmann 98 Custom Pro ACT Paintball Gun - Black at ActionVillage.com : Paintball
DXS Aluminum With Pin Valve CO2 Tank - 16oz at ActionVillage.com : Paintball
V-Force Armour Thermal Paintball Goggles - Black at ActionVillage.com : Paintball

a bag of 500 paintballs, and a lifetime labor warranty (free with any gun there) for 202 with tax!

i have no clue how much the vs2 would be though, but i;m sure it wouldnt be too bad

is it better than the custom pro for what i need?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alrighty, i'm gonna take it to my shop tomorrow and tell you how it goes. If i won't have enough for an hpa tank, i'll just tell them i don't want one, then get myself an extra 50-100 bucks and go buy one.

Which one should i get, the vs2, or the ion?

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
VS2.If you a rank newbie to this it's probably best to stay with the spyder, and I'm no fan of the ion...

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
Dude that's a great tank. I've had several crossfires.

See if you can find one used on the nation cheap dude. You can probably get a 68/4500 for 100$ or so.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
great news! I got the vs2!

Just as expected, i got a pretty crappy hpa tank, but at least it's not co2. I also got a gravity feed hopper for now. Which one should i upgrade first, the tank or the hopper?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Hopper, is the tank a steel tank?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
New tank, then hopper.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
no way. that grav hopper will limit him more. the tank will work for now, but it's more important to upgrade that hopper.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Well a tank is a lot more expensive so I figured it'd be best if he got that. the VL eye force is like 30 bucks at Wally world.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i think I'll go for the hopper. I think it's safe to assume that that tank would give me about 450 shots. I usually only buy bags of 500 per game anyways. After I get my new tank, I'll start to buy cases.

Is that vl eye force any good?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts