Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah i have noticed something about myself here lately. what i found out is i say i want to do this or that but i never seem to get it done.So 3 days ago i started changing my diet to lose some weight and yesterday i went and signed up at a gym. im starting at the gyme today with a trainer to help me get started and them monday i statrt a tactical CQB fighting course. I went down to the local techincal collage and got all my paper work filled out and ready to go for the spring semester so i can start taking welding and auto repair. I am also going to start doing what ever i have to do to get my lawn service back on its feet so its time for me to start gettin my hustle on :smokin. Im just a little excited/proud that i am finaly getting off my ass and doing something instead of just saying i want to and then never doing it.Also some of you may notice a few punctuation marks in there too lol so yeah im workin on my typing and grammer skills too :D.

alright im off to the gym later guys.wave:

·
I'mma Let You Finish.
7,445 Posts
Awesome bro. There must be something in the air. I've noticed a lot of change in my friends and myself here lately.

I've always told myself that one day I will quick drinking so many Pepsis and what not. This week I've only had 2 pepsis and a couple energy drinks. The rest has been all water and I really think I feel so much better since I've done so.

I really just hope I can keep it up, I don't really know how I couldn't though seeing as
1- It's cheaper
2-Quenches my thirst much faster
3-Tastes good with anything.

Hope you get all of your goals done bro. Sounds like you're off to a darn good start.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
i went to the rec center yesterday and worked out/played bball. i think its bc its winter and im barely outside since its so cold.

·
<a href="http://www.picoo
3,251 Posts
Awesome bro. There must be something in the air. I've noticed a lot of change in my friends and myself here lately.

I've always told myself that one day I will quick drinking so many Pepsis and what not. This week I've only had 2 pepsis and a couple energy drinks. The rest has been all water and I really think I feel so much better since I've done so.

I really just hope I can keep it up, I don't really know how I couldn't though seeing as
1- It's cheaper
2-Quenches my thirst much faster
3-Tastes good with anything.

Hope you get all of your goals done bro. Sounds like you're off to a darn good start.
I quit drinking sodas too (I used to have 2 or more a day) and then I started drinking them again, they're addictive.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
dude, going to a gym was the best thing ever.. i had contemplated it for so long, but then i finally just 'did it' one day spontaneously.. i've lost about 10 lbs over the course of 3 and a half months, but ill be the first to admit, i've slimmed down ALOT, and now im actually starting to show a bit more definition. im not as 'soft' as i used to feel, and the muscle is starting to show a bit more.

ill also say this: im not a bodybuilder by any means.. i got 3-4 times a week, simple 4-day routine.. you know, im not looking into becoming huge, and i dont also have the time. working out for an hour and a half a day takes more time out than you think..especially after when you're exhausted, hungry, and have other mor eimportant things to do.

also the main thing to remember is: dont quit if you dont see results. you might not even personally see them, your friends might not either. i never noticed until i saw my family friend for the first time in a few months and their first remark was how skinny/built i look. i was suprised, cause they always used to make fun of how fat i was haha (never was fat but w.e).

and i guess this post also goes in regard to anyone else just 'thinking' about it. JUST DO IT!

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
goof for you man, youll be happy you did this (ahh i love the energy)

make sure you have yourself a good trainer before you really get into working with them. in a lot of places they can be a dime a dozen and they really dont know ****, and in other cases they can be amazing and push your farther than you could ever go. if they says squats and deadlifts are too dangerous, say "im gonna find someone else then, you *****" in those words exactly.

any questions you have, im right here

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
the hardest part of going for me is see all the bigger people. i always feel like the scrawny outcast..
dont worry about how much weight you put up, or how you look. when i see someone small putting up small amounts of weight, but doing it with perfect form, i quietly admire them, because i KNOW they will go somewhere because they're doing it right and not trying to look badass

when i see someone small trying to impress everyone and putting up more weight they can handle with **** form, i think "what a tool" and instantly have no respect for them (as far as people in the gym goes.. theyre still better than couch potatoes because theyre atleast in a gym)

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Yeah i have noticed something about myself here lately. what i found out is i say i want to do this or that but i never seem to get it done.So 3 days ago i started changing my diet to lose some weight and yesterday i went and signed up at a gym. im starting at the gyme today with a trainer to help me get started and them monday i statrt a tactical CQB fighting course. I went down to the local techincal collage and got all my paper work filled out and ready to go for the spring semester so i can start taking welding and auto repair. I am also going to start doing what ever i have to do to get my lawn service back on its feet so its time for me to start gettin my hustle on :smokin. Im just a little excited/proud that i am finaly getting off my ass and doing something instead of just saying i want to and then never doing it.Also some of you may notice a few punctuation marks in there too lol so yeah im workin on my typing and grammer skills too :D.

alright im off to the gym later guys.wave:
Nice man. I've been having problems with telling myself what I'm going to do and just not doing it. It's frustrating. But still it's all in my control at the same time.

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well i just got back about 15-20 min ago and im pretty tired i guess i didnt realise how out of shape i was. My trainer started me on all cardio stuff today i had a lil steam room time and i learned/played racket(sp) ball too(awesome game). All in all i think i did good for first day and my trainer seems to know what he is doing. I have been lurking around the body building forums for about a week or so and everything i have read on there seems to be the same stuff im getting from the trainer. So i am happy with the first day and to me this was probably the hardest because i had to go do it and i did :D. Spud i will prolly hit you up on aim in a few weeks to pick up some tips from you :tup. thanks guys for all the good comments :)

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
goof for you man, youll be happy you did this (ahh i love the energy)

make sure you have yourself a good trainer before you really get into working with them. in a lot of places they can be a dime a dozen and they really dont know ****, and in other cases they can be amazing and push your farther than you could ever go. if they says squats and deadlifts are too dangerous, say "im gonna find someone else then, you *****" in those words exactly.

any questions you have, im right here
i met a trainer at my gym, cause he said he wanted to help me out with my squats.. we were doing 4 sets (10 reps) when doing squats. since i was just starting, i was doing about 100 lbs at the time..

met with the trainer for a day, we were squatting almost to the floor, and doing about 20 extra reps. i do alot more weight now, and its still harder, but its also worth it.

honestly, the only thing i really need to work on is benching. idk if its my form or what, i still havent really improved with my bench press.

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
i met a trainer at my gym, cause he said he wanted to help me out with my squats.. we were doing 4 sets (10 reps) when doing squats. since i was just starting, i was doing about 100 lbs at the time..

met with the trainer for a day, we were squatting almost to the floor, and doing about 20 extra reps. i do alot more weight now, and its still harder, but its also worth it.

honestly, the only thing i really need to work on is benching. idk if its my form or what, i still havent really improved with my bench press.
excellent, nothing beats some low squats. you may want to try box squats.. your ass has to hit a 12-14" box every rep, and it keeps your form pretty damn flawless.. that's what i do and its helped my squatting a lot

pierced- looking forward to hearing from you. be sure to take lots of pictures. a lot of times you cant see any progress until you step back and look at your timeline of photos. then you go "damn! nice."

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
same here bro i used to be able to finish a case in 2 days. I started drinkin diet cokes hopein it's alittle better than regular coke. Eventually ima go to water
Same for me. My dads a diabetic, so there's always a lot of sugar soda around, especially Mt. Dew.

My mom drinks diet coke alot, so I've been trying to move away from Mt. Dew and towards Diet Coke and apple juice and Cranberry juice and some other cool stuff.

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
you guys need to man up and drink water. its been atleast 6 months since ive even tasted soda, and i have no desire to drink it because it leaves me feeling empty. drink only water, milk and juice for a few months an youll know exactly what i mean

oh yea, nutrisweet, which is in diet soda, is worse for you than sugar. the only advantage it has over sugar is that soda companies get to write "sugar free" on the label

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
excellent, nothing beats some low squats. you may want to try box squats.. your ass has to hit a 12-14" box every rep, and it keeps your form pretty damn flawless.. that's what i do and its helped my squatting a lot

pierced- looking forward to hearing from you. be sure to take lots of pictures. a lot of times you cant see any progress until you step back and look at your timeline of photos. then you go "damn! nice."
good thinking i will do that here in a few min. one thing i was kinda wondering about is my trainer was saying that most of the free weights/bench pressing things like that were more of less for show, and that you will get way more benefit from working on the machines. true?

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you guys need to man up and drink water. its been atleast 6 months since ive even tasted soda, and i have no desire to drink it because it leaves me feeling empty. drink only water, milk and juice for a few months an youll know exactly what i mean

oh yea, nutrisweet, which is in diet soda, is worse for you than sugar. the only advantage it has over sugar is that soda companies get to write "sugar free" on the label

Definatly. I never could drink diet Mountain Dew (my soda of choice) it tasted like ass. I did some reasearch on those artificail sweeteners awhile back and they are really bad for you.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts