Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the other day i took a math test and got a 36. yeah i even stayed home during halloween just to study for this test because it could have easily brought up my average. so the teacher gives it back and makes a deal that i can re-take it, and she'll average it in with the old one. i can use my notes and stuff too. so i retake it, but i realized she told me i was allowed to drop my lowest test grade, so the re-take which would probably be a 100, would only be averaged in because the 36 would be dropped. so im all happy because me doing poorly ended up being better, well i just got e-mailed the grade today and i got a 45. i have no ****ing clue what to tell my dad, he checks his email every day. i honestly studied for this test and did everything i can to get a better grade in math, but now i have a 63 average. i also have a quarterly test coming up THIS wed. which she announces on friday! it counts twice as a test and if i get anything below an 85 i pretty much ****ed this quarter up... same with biology.

·
Registered
172 Posts
It would probably be a good idea to stay after school and ask the teacher for some help with it. If nothing else it will show her that you have good intentions.

·
45's to the sky
4,355 Posts
Yea, I suck at math. I didn't turn in like 7 hwks, and ****ed up the first quiz and test. But after that I started doing well, except for turning in hwks, and came out to a C. As long as I do my hwk then I'll do well this quarter. Just study hard and hard and hard, get some help, try your best. Teachers love seeing kids work their hardest, and if they see your struggling they'll just move you back a math grade.

Brandon

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im in math a-which is like algebra 1 im sure many other states call it. its 1 and a half years and i take the regents in january. i stay after school, and when i do, i dont do that bad, i dont expect to do well in math because i hate it and i just end up doing bad anyway so i dont like to stress over it. my school refuses to re-do the scheduling so i have gym 10th period every other day so lets say i have a test on wed. i can only stay either on monday or on tuesday because i have gym. sometimes i have it 3 days a week, sometimes 2. and then when you do bad, and you tell your guidance counsler that your trying hard the principal and teachers tell you 'stay for remedial'... gee thanks but because of your poor organizational skills i can barely stay 9th to begin with. then they tell me to go to remedial during my lunch period... im sure im going to waste my FREE PERIOD to go over math. they have no clue what theyre doing, they dont even understand why students do terrible in math. last year the passing rate on the math a regents was extremely high because you only had to get a 38 to pass! so many people did bad, they have to have a curve...

·
Banned
2,548 Posts
inkjt510 said:
Definitely stay after school with her.And pleasure her to get a better grade.
Hmm math sux...

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Play the race card? 0?

I don't know what to tell you, but definately make sure you go to every help class the teacher can offer you. Stay after school, go in the mornings, show that you care. Most teachers won't fail you if you show that you are really trying. Look at me, I got a D as my final grade for soph math and had to go to summer school to pick it up to a C, but I took the SATs and got in the high 80% for math and am now taking an advanced math class. Try to improve yourself and you will be amazed with the results. The 1 thing that helped me the most is actually sitting down and doing the homework the right way and checking the answers in the back of the book to see if I was right, if not I would try the problem again. Actually trying on the homework pulled me up atleast 1 grade.

·
Registered
89 Posts
ja289 said:
well the other day i took a math test and got a 36. yeah i even stayed home during halloween just to study for this test because it could have easily brought up my average. so the teacher gives it back and makes a deal that i can re-take it, and she'll average it in with the old one. i can use my notes and stuff too. so i retake it, but i realized she told me i was allowed to drop my lowest test grade, so the re-take which would probably be a 100, would only be averaged in because the 36 would be dropped. so im all happy because me doing poorly ended up being better, well i just got e-mailed the grade today and i got a 45. i have no ****ing clue what to tell my dad, he checks his email every day. i honestly studied for this test and did everything i can to get a better grade in math, but now i have a 63 average. i also have a quarterly test coming up THIS wed. which she announces on friday! it counts twice as a test and if i get anything below an 85 i pretty much ****ed this quarter up... same with biology.
I don't know how to be polite about this, so I'll just be outright and say whut's on my mind. It seems to me that you're not paying attention in class and only "cram" right before the test. Pay attention in class, make a real effort, study as often as you can, even if that means giving up paintball, and work, work, work. If you do that, you shouldn't be failing. Also, it wouldn't hurt to get a tutor.

·
12,110 Posts
WTF< would it kill you people to ues periods? Commas are used to combine two sentences, not 6. Commas can also be used when listing things, and several other uses. However, you can't use them every 4 statements and make a paragraph.

I dont know how people can read that stuff. Its so confuzzling.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Learn and memorizes the equations you are being tested on, like the pythageron theorem. A(squared)+B(squared)=C(squared). If you know order of operations and know the equation, you can tackle just about any problem of that type (unless it has fractions, fractions are gay)

·
Banned
2,053 Posts
NYY said:
im pretty good with math, its just that lately ive gotten really lazy
Me too. On every test and quiz this school year ive had 96% or above, yet somehow my grade was a 76%. Luckily i hadnt turned in my notebook from when i was absent and only lost 5 points for it being late. That brought my grade up to a 85% thumup:

D

·
0 Posts
yeah.. im struggling in math too.. i only have a 97% in it.. geeze im slacking...

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
for math, in size 6-8 font, type all the formulas and stuff, then cut them out on a tiny little piece of paper, and when ur teacher starts the test, just take it out of ur pocket, and slip it under the test ur taking... this method works good with vocab, chem, and math, basically anything that u have to memmorize

1 - 20 of 27 Posts