• What the hell is snow?

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aight guys, now fo all of you who didn't heed my warning, help me pick out a snowboard. I am 5'7" and weigh 135 lbs. I am a goofy rider that looks for the best in the price range for me. my shoe size is 9 and I know that is small. So yall, help me pick out a board, bindings, and boots. I'm already pimp in my snow gear so don't get me a super gay as pic on my board. Any help is appreciated.

Derek

·
Registered
220 Posts
skiing is for pussies lol i dont snow board much and i have a cheap like 32$ kmart board but its still sweet and im pretty decent

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
spyderman5 said:
skiing is for pussies lol i dont snow board much and i have a cheap like 32$ kmart board but its still sweet and im pretty decent
tricks on skis are definitely harder than tricks on snowboards, because a) you have longer boards to control, and b) you have two skis to control, instead of one board.

snowboarders suck cause they just sit down in the middle of the course and are in the way of people actually doing what they came to do- go down the hill

basically the way you could put it is snowboarding is harder to pick up, but skiing is harder to master.

and whoever said snowboarding is faster, youre an asswipe. i havent lost one race ever to anyone on a snowboard, and i pretty much suck at skiing (i tuck and go)

·
Registered
428 Posts
derek, there is no way in hell that u are 5' 7". i'm like 5'5.5", and we're the same height. u may be a half inch taller, but thats it. maybe try a morrow, or a forum. those are nice boards.

also, i wouldnt recommend getting a board just yet, or if u do, get a big one. cuz ur gonna grow a lot pretty soon.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
snowmobile is for lazy people who can ride snow motor cycles. big deal. I have to stand. And paintbrawla, I don't think i will get 400 plus dollas for x mas. I think those boards are slightly out of reach finacially.
ARe the lamars or the liquids good? I need like a 140-147. That's what the calculator said.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Derek Yegan said:
snowmobile is for lazy people who can ride snow motor cycles. big deal.
Bah, I can do over 100 miles an hour, go uphill, travel for miles on a little gas, ect. So what if you have to stand, you know how sore you would be after 50+ miles sitting down on a sled since you arn't used to it? Snowmobiling isn't for lazy people, it's for those who want to go far and fast. :D

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
it doesnt really matter what u do, ski, snowboard, snomobile, as long as ur havin a blast doin it.

i have snowboarded for like, one whole day, did pretty good for the first time and since i was a long time skiier before, ive converted to a snowboarder now :)

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I want to buy a freinds, or a cheap snowboard for this winter and teach myself how to snowboard at ski club. We go to this ****ty mountain every wednesday ( berkshire east, in charlemont mass) and it blows. All i do it point the tips down and haul ass, blowing past kids going like 4x as fast as them, wait in line and do it again. No tree skiing, no board park, no bump skiing, no nothing. I want a challenge this winter, something i can actually learn from, and ill definatley respect snowboarding a lot more. For now, there just a nusance in the middle of the trail usually.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Last time I went skiing was like 4-5 years ago. Arizona can really suck some times.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
im 5' 5" and i got two boards one burton 144 and another aline 152 the 144 is down to my shoulders AKA too small. and the aline is about my nose. get a 148-152 and please dont get lamar get a respected company like burton, forum, sims, or m3. for bindings get strap ins no step ins. i recommend saloman sp3s cus they're a good deal for the price. boots DC own. but you probably wont have that kinda money. so i'd just buy something comfortable and warm. i have burtons but forum, 32, etc. will all work

and PS i have never lost a race with a skiier.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i can't afford a burton or anyhting that high end. I wan to have some xmas money left over for upgrading the cocker. So i have like 280 for board, boots, and bindings. Maybe more if my parents help.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
ooo well you could just get a board and rent boots or get boots and rent board but my snowboard costed a bundle. just buy from a pro and its uber cheap. maybe search ebay here i'll check out some deals for you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts