Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i thought i fixed my gun, but its still acting up, i took the frame off and checked it out, everything electrically look away. so i decided to fire the frame without the reciever. i started going at it, and what do u know, the e frame is what is doing the double firing, not all the time just after about 10 shots it does it. wtf is wrong with my gun?.how in the world can i fix this. y would the frame itself we double firing, i didnt shim my noind. but it did come from the factory with a small shim that doesnt even look like it would do anything. its like a 4th of a millimeter in width

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
reciever being the rest of the gun. it isnt my sear or striker, the rest of the gun wasnt even there, i had the frame and only the frme in my hand just clickin it and it was double clicking

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Make sure it has a good charge. My Spyder frames go nuts when they start to get low on power. They'll click almost at the full auto speed, and sometimes it'll be low on power enough to reset the board and click twice. Since it took you 10 shots to get it, I'd look into power.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Plug it in and let it go for about 15 minutes. While it's still plugged in try shooting just the frame with or without the body. If it still does that, it might be a switch problem.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
All the wires are well-attached to their harness and there's no clear to find shorts?
Last thing I'd pick on is the trigger switch sticking or bouncing. I'd say you might have had the trigger adjusted too close, but that doesn't matter now that it's off the body.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
If it was in the wires you'd probably be able to see it pretty easy since there isn't very many of them and they have a fair amount of space around the connections. You can try a new switch, lot's of spyder people replace them anyway.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
On keeping it plugged in all the time, I'm not sure if the batteries in these suffer from over charging problems. Best bet, charge it overnight, unplug it and let it go, check it the day before you play and maybe give it a few hours.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts