Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i got this marker off of ebay and i need to know what i have.

here are some pictures. as far as i know it has a smart parts delrin bolt, and a new designz low pressure regulator.

what i need, is a new grip, and a trigger spring. if i get a new trigger will it come with one? also, im told this thing leaks somewhere inside the gun. thoughts? blown solenoid seal?

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
thats most likely a later gen impulse, the max flow wasnt nearly that sleek looking in the earlier models, derlin bolt is aftermarket as is the feedneck and LPR, sling trigger is as well and that may be a magnetic sling, cant tell from the photos. The ram was also a easily modded aftermarket piece but you dont have any photos of that so i cant tell. dye grips are aftermarket

overall they are decent shooters, on the heavy and inefficient side compared to todays markers, but the biggest peoblem you will run into is parts, they are very hard to find for these now a days, however they are pretty bulletproof so you will probably be fine for a while

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is that a tapeworm on there too?

The p.o.said it leaked air from somewhere in the gun. Is it easy to remove that lpr to clean and inspect the seals? I already had the hammer and ram out of it but i didnt take pictures.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
you dont need the tapeworm with the LPR, you cant run both and the LPR does a much better job of basically the same thing

if you air it up and its leaking somewhere form the front its the LPR, if its somewhere inside the marker its most likely the o-rings on your ram assembly

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok ive done a little more research as to what i have and i think there is more to the story. think i have a new designz r.i.p. inside this gun. and the emblem on the front asa? looks like the empire emblem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
actually, i have no idea if its adjustable or not. it looks like i could put the bottom line further up into the handle, via the two setscrews that are plugging the holes.

i do know that the lower part does NOT rotate. and if it does, its VERY tight.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
also, i have seen several references to a spring that goes somewhere inside the impulse. i do not have a spring. where does this spring reside?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok, now that i recall, there is a sring in the valve, and also one still in the lpr. however there is no spring on the ram, and i dont believe there should be one there. however i could be wrong.

how is the empire adjuster adjusted? i cannot find a manual for it anywhere!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
there is no spring in mine. from the parts diagrams i have found it doesnt seem that i need one with the lpr installed. do i?

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
and this is an impulse....not a bushmaster

FSDO was solved by the tapeworm or the addition of a LPR, something that should have been standard equipment but remember SP doesnt believe in LPRs and they do believe LP is more accurate

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
from what i have read, back in the day the impulse wasnt "fail." however, i cant remember what the hell all of my friends were using back in the day aside from the one with a shocker turbo.

anyway, upon even further investigation, the front spring was used on stock high pressure valves to push the valve closed or assist in closing the high pressure valve. being as my valve looks like a half sphere the spring wouldnt work in this situation.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
upgraded valve then, this thing may be a little more upgraded then appears

from my understanding the stock impulse will not create enough back pressure on its own to recock so the tapeworm helps with that. im still not certain how but its got something to do with the recocking of the marker and back pressure on the ram, also where the help with FSDO comes from.

back in its day id go as far as to say the impulse was ok, not great. its a brick and to get it to shoot how its supposed to you need to upgrade it. all of which stem back to SP being a bunch of morons and running the whole marker off of 200psi to eliminate the need for a LPR and therefore cut production costs on their end. also this allowed them to market the thing as "low pressure" and their never ending pursuit to deem LP as more accurate which continues today

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well i shouldnt have problems with fsdo if ive got an lpr, right? (if its adjusted right, that is)
how do i adjust the max flo? with just the setscrew or does the whole bottom rotate like i think it does?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts