Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a little machining to my impulse today, thought id post the results of it here.

i did this little mod because my soleniod gasket looked ****ty. this is a twofold mod: can get cheap orings, and it moves the solenoid down about 1mm, giving that much more threads for the screws to bit into.

and of course, it wouldnt be complete with a little "midblocking"

thoughts? ill probably do the oring mod to the shocker 4x4 i have too, if the gaskets are whats making it leak internally. i might just do it anyway, since the orings were $4 for a bag of 100, and ill NEVER use them all.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
i think you should angle the bolt and the aluminum to match, right now it just looks like you took a hack saw at a 90 degree angle to it, nothing particularly wrong with it, i just think if you are doing custom machining you can do something a little more interesting.

what are you using to machine it? drill press with a end mill bit?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its actually rounded where it goes vertical. 1" endmill, marker body was laid sideways in a kurt vice on a legit milling machine.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
i think you can keep going, like take a hack saw and go into the sides to make a V in the metal pointing forward on either side of the bolt.

another thing i have seen people do which i think is pretty cool is to slot some windows in the lower tube so you can see the ram slamming back and forth

1 - 4 of 4 Posts