Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright. i havent played in some time due to the fact of the ppl i play with got sent to iraq and havent been around for going on what 4 years now. But a bunch of friends bought some guns and wanna get back into it. My question is, i have a stock impy without vision cuz at the time i was gonna upgrade the board, but quit playing before i did anything to it. should i upgrade the board or just say screw it and get a different gun? btw they just put up a field about 5 mins away from my house with 4 fields (3 speed 1 woods) on it including an Air field and most likely what ill play since i love speedball.

PS. current setup is a Stock impy, 12v revy, smart parts drop with CO2 anti siphon( i didnt have a HP Tank cuz the closest place to fill it before the field was like an hour away),

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I'd say replace it with one of the entry/mid grade guns.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I had an eclipse impulse with literally everything you could do to it(tapeworm, rip valve, NDZ internals, W.A.S board, ST feedneck, DW fibur barrel, Max-flo HPR/LPR, trayless frame, dual ball bearing trigger).

A rail would be a perfect jump from one, gets you back into the game and is still a good competitor to the high-end market. Hell I shoot a rail right now. I also would look at a PM6, they will be around the same price and shoot really good.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
well really its up to you, i JUST replased mine with a dm6, its in the mail right now, i got kinda tired of the size and weight and now its getting harder and harder to find parts anyway, but the good part to that is all the aftermarket parts are really flying down in price. Regardless of what you do i would highly recomend a air tank, the cold co2 is not to good on the reg.

Ill write some more later, i gota work right now (gota pay for paintball somehow)
I agree with what he's saying. There is nothing wrong with the gun, it just wouldn't be worth the money to upgrade it even a little.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with what he's saying. There is nothing wrong with the gun, it just wouldn't be worth the money to upgrade it even a little.
thats what im thinking, why drop the money into a gun that worth less and less everyday. id never get anything more for it. I agree with everyone who says get a HP tank, but like i said at the time CO2 was my only options. im just holding off on getting one til i decided which marker i wanna pick up. i did just pick up a Halo B w/ rip and V board. now all i need is to decide on a marker and tank. Anyone hear anything bad from an A1? im sure they are gonna drop in price since the buzz is saying the A1 Fly is gonna come out at HB.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Make sure you get a V2 one, or wait and get the A-1 fly.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
If you want a tank reg get a guerrilla myth, but cp/DXS tanks are really good and very very light.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
the cp and dxs tanks are so light b/c of the bottles they use. Which is why I'd love to get my hands on a super light bottle and drop half a pound from my setup.

If you're looking at angels they're nice guns. Not the easiest to work on (but not to hard either) and their resale is notorious for dropping really hard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Make sure you get a V2 one, or wait and get the A-1 fly.
yea but i have a feeling the fly is gonna be wayyy more then i want to spend and with the flys coming out im sure that the A1s will drop in price. id like to keep it 700$ and under. im just lookin for the best bang for my buck i guess

If you want a tank reg get a guerrilla myth, but cp/DXS tanks are really good and very very light.
as far as the tanks go from what i see all the CP tank are fixed high pressure and A1s are LP

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Hmm didn't know they didn't make a LP tank. I know you can get a LP myth reg, and virtually free as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts