Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
role model
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just got a dm6 off a guy and love it so far. Just wanna know the do and donts of this gun and common problems. I noticed it had a leak from what seems like is comin from the bolt. Any help.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Most common problem - overlubing. Do lube frequently (every few cases) with a thin lubricant (dow33, slick honey, hater sauce, monkey poo, etc, NO OIL & no dow55), don't lube too heavily (will cause bolt stick and drop-off).

Check if it's lubed, underlubed can cause leaks. Although it's probably an oring worn out. First thing I would do is get an oring kit for it and replace all the orings. Always good to be safe with a Dye marker that's been bought used to just replace ALL the orings off the bat to be safe. 99% likely that will fix your leak.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
o gosh where to start, first of all how much did you buy it for?

get your hands on a rebuild kit and rebuild the marker

this is the most complete kit i have come across, i have one and if you want to keep the marker going for YEARS this is the way to go

Dye DM6/7/8 Large Parts Kit

otherwise this one will do nicely for just o-rings

ANS Complete O-Ring Kit 5x Rebuild (Box) - DM6

you can also get them in just the bags for like $10 cheaper but iv found that the boxes are really easy to work with and worth it in the long run since everything has its own spot

while you dont want to use straight oil on the marker, sometimes a mix of lube/oil really helps cut down FSDO. mostly this is going to be determined by your typical playing conditions

·
role model
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paid 240 for the gun with a virtue board. It also says eye malfunction when i shoot. Well the eyes dont work. Ever took one apart and dont want to **** anything up.

·
role model
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But i like it so far. Think im gonna get a new reg tho. I dont like the hose going into the side.. i want it going into the bottom of the reg.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
But i like it so far. Think im gonna get a new reg tho. I dont like the hose going into the side.. i want it going into the bottom of the reg.
going into the side? stock hyper 2 has a swivel on it and really theres not a huge difference between it and the hyper 3 (i have a dm6 and went from hyper 2 to hyper 3)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking to sell my dm5 but am unsure what to ask for it. Currently I have an ultralite frame,redz chillipepper barrel kit, cp drop rail and reg and a halo hopper with a delrin drive cone any ideas on fair market value. Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts