Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last time I took my PM8 out to the field, she was leaking. No big deal, I hadn't replaced any orings in well over a year, some orings I had still never replaced. So tore her apart and did maintenance. Still leaking.

So, on a hunch, pulled the Eigenring out and put it back together. Not even the slightest hint of a leak. Put the Eigenring back in, leaking down the barrel.

So something has went wrong with my Eigenring. :(

So until I get some ideas from Lurker as to what it could be and more importantly, what can fix it, I'm back down to average efficiency on my PM8. Very sad-face. I liked my PM8 getting nearly the same efficiency as my Quests.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It adds length to the bolt assembly. Lurkers theory is that maybe I HAD actually had an oring swollen too much so it sealed before. But now, with proper orings, it leaks. Said to try putting an oring on the bak cap threads to keep it from screwing in QUITE so far and it should have the bolt sit at the same spot as it did before the Eigen. Hopefully will try that soon, I really like the efficiency of the Eigenring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts