Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pissed off at this one kid in my ROTC unit. Ever since he was a sophomore he's been hardcore, and has an attitude towards everyone. He expects people to respect him, but shows none back, adn he doesn't have any rank to "get" his respect.

So he's on the drill team.. And I'm the armorer.

I go into class and we're doing nothing so I see a dremel near teh flight sim computer. I ask around if anyone knew what it was for, and they said they were doing something with the rifles.. Okay by me...

But then this kid comes in, and he pulls out a rifle. Picks up the dremel adn sits down next to me as I'm flying in the simulator.

He takes the dremel and starts CUTTING away at the reciver, revealing shiny silver underneath.

Now For those of you who know nothing baout M1 garands, they can go for up to $1500 a piece, and we have 30 of them, all with origonal wooden Springfield Armory stocks.

I ask him what the **** he's doing becuase he cut off the tip of the operating rod (cocking knob for paintballers). HE says he's polishing it.

I explain how thats a DREMEL and its used to CUT metal. He says its making it look good.. All its doing is making gouges in teh reciever with silver streaks.

First of all these are milspec rifles, and the revievers are NOT made to be shiny. Hell its iron (I believe).

I tell him if he wants t restore it a bit he can use some steel wool and metal polish.

The bell finally rang, but that reciever is DESTROYED.

All this week they have been refinishing stocks and stuff. I'm going to have a talk with Sarge to see if I can come in before school and show them how to proerly care for the rifles and restore them.

They were staining stocks that were already finished. Your supposed to either wax them or rub them down with linseed oil.

Again, if you dont know much about guns, this is like someone taking a Buic Grand National, painting it brown and cutting up the body.

:mad:

·
Registered
778 Posts
It's ok, those guns will never be worth anything. CMP sells used drill guns for $100. But the guy using the dremel is a retard. And original springfield armory stocks doesn't mean crap unless they have : SA/SPG, SA/GAW, SA/EMcF, SA/GHS, SA/NFR, SA/JLG, SA/SHM, etc.

You sure would hate to come to my house and see all the destroyed Garands around my place.

·
Anne Coulter's #1 Fan
4,291 Posts
You should just buy yourself an M1 if you like them so much. If you give me like 5 minutes to think about it, I'll remember the website you join that will sell you pretty nice m1s for like, $500 bucks... some government program... *think* think *think*

·
Registered
778 Posts
ComradeMolyneux said:
You should just buy yourself an M1 if you like them so much. If you give me like 5 minutes to think about it, I'll remember the website you join that will sell you pretty nice m1s for like, $500 bucks... some government program... *think* think *think*
www.odcmp.com

You can also buy M1903s-a3s and M1917 rifles. They also have tons of M-1 Carbines but unforunately they are not for sale.

For Garands, CMP will not be out for a while. They have 75,000 still in boxes waitng to be processed and another 50,000 in Greece waiting to be shipped back.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Alpha, give me this kids address................as an armorer.........I know how much of a pain in the ass it is to fix these.................We got rifles 21 through 30 have iron parts, not chrome, but iron.........so give me his address............and we can go beat his ass.

·
Registered
778 Posts
xxxfirexxx said:
Alpha, give me this kids address................as an armorer.........I know how much of a pain in the ass it is to fix these.................We got rifles 21 through 30 have iron parts, not chrome, but iron.........so give me his address............and we can go beat his ass.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
lemme sho u teh secks.

dark brown one is a practice rifle which I had to completley rebuild for it to be stable, light one was pretty easy... m1garand stocks.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
damn that sucks. we got in some nice chrome finished drill rifles last year. i wouldn't be suprised to se some of the idiots in rotc f'in up the old ones.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
I only buy rifles that I can shoot? I worked for the american legion for a while as a bugler and got a chance to look at there old 1903s and m1s that the old legioners use for funeral parade I just don't see the point of creaming over a rifle that is capped and will never be fired.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
sorry for the double post, but when u get to spinning these jokers very fast, they are gonna snap....
but a dremel is outrageous

bubba, to answer ur question on can't be shot, these rifles are for show, spinning or armed basic. Spinning is called armed exhibition.

·
Registered
778 Posts
BUBBASR. said:
I only buy rifles that I can shoot? I worked for the american legion for a while as a bugler and got a chance to look at there old 1903s and m1s that the old legioners use for funeral parade I just don't see the point of creaming over a rifle that is capped and will never be fired.
Agreed.

I'll have to take pics tonight of our 20+ fully working Garands. :yum

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
david im gonna say you are a pimp. he actually owns the 20 garands where the school or jrotc owns the capped nonfiring guns you have.

if you wanna sell one let me know

1 - 18 of 18 Posts