Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
<a href="http://www.picoo
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had TONS, and I always end up pulling them out. But this one is bad, it reeks, leaks puss, and is bloody. Also has like bulges of swelling in the corner of the nail near where it is ingrown. I've got the Dr. Scholl's pain reliever on because it was so damn painful. I'm positive I has an infection working up, but refuse to accept defeat and get the surgery.

Good infection killers? Tell me.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
there isn't any surgery man. I had a bunch of these too and the doc ended up taking action. He cut the nail all the way down to the bed, removing a small portion of the side that had become ingrown. Then, pulled that piece out and took some acid to my nail bed, killing the nail (this part hurt slightly though my toe had been numbed)

Wa-la, done. Took like 10 minutes to do for 1 toe. Was able to walk just fine after that. In a few months my toe healed completely and you would never know i'd had some of my nail taken away.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Its called a wedge excision of the ingrown toenail.. Not bad. I have done tons of them. Just a little lidocaine to kill the pain, and then nip off part of the nail and remove it. For the infection, you take antibiotics for a week or 2 and all is groovy.

It is a hell of a lot better then septicemia -- or blood poisoning as it is more commonly known.

Just go to your doctor's office and they can do the procedure in under 20 minutes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I went through the exact same procedure as bobide. I watched the hole thing done. It was interesting. :) I didn't feel any pain. Only the nailbed cleaning was a little weird, because you could feel when they touched you finger bone. :) No problems since.

D

·
0 Posts
my brother had an infected ingrown toe nail before. it became infected cuz he tried to fix it himself. ****ing was gross. and yeah, reeks.

I dont think ive ever had an external infection. (have had plenty of sinus and throat infections. chest once or twice too i think)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts