Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will to small of an insert cause curving of your paint? I just got a Scepter kit. One insert was giving me decent accuracy then I dropped a size and started to get more curve balls. Just wondering if this is normal for figuring out that you have gone to small. Nice kit by the way.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
If you were getting good accuracy with one bore size, why would you change it?

Find the bore size for that paint that shoots the most accurate and stay with it. Yes, using a bore size too big or too small will decrease accuracy.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh yeh I know, was just wondering if that was what happened when you cram to big a ball in to small a barrel. More for science than actually needing the info.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
paintballin34 said:
Yeh yeh I know, was just wondering if that was what happened when you cram to big a ball in to small a barrel. More for science than actually needing the info.
You will get a lot of barrel breaks that way...which leads to more horrible accuracy and more barrel breaks. If anything, find a bore size that shoots good, and go up a bore size and see how that one works. If the first shoots better, use it.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
kleivonen said:
how do you check to see if a ball shoots good in a selected bore?
It's really easy to bore paint with kits. How I do it, is find a bore size that I don't have to shove the paintball to have it go through. I usually use the first insert the paint slides through without having to push it. When you think you have the right bore size, try it out (shooting it). I usually go up one and shoot a couple, and then down one and shoot a couple to see which one shoots the best.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was out playing with the Scepter again today. Shot Nelson Hemorage and Worr Practice paint through it. The Nelson shot noticeably better. I only had half a pod of Nelson so testing on it was limited to that it shot better than the Worr. The rest of my testing on inserts was with the Worr. Basicaly going to big would make the ball wobble up and down going downrange. Very odd. To small minisculy increased curving. Probably increased the chance of a break also. With the mid size inserts. .686 to .688 there was not a lot of noticeable difference. I suspect the .686 might be a hair better. I'll continue posting my opinions as I shoot different paints through it. I'm not going to test my case of Marbs and the bag of Evil I have on rocks on my hill side, : ). Will test in game when I next play. Will shoot the bag of Evil first.

Also the Scepter shot noticeably better than the stock Ion barrel.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Scepter shot well this weekend. No problems with it whatsoever. Shot Marbs and Evil through it. Can't complain at all. Was using the .686 insert. Worked well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts