Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
GO BUCKS
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was sitting at a stop sign today and two cars nipped each other in the intersection. One of the cars fishtailed and hit my back side panel. Left a pretty nice dent that I'm guessing will cost 400-500 to fix. Estimator comes soon.

Now I hate my truck(92 s10 that I wasted too much money on)and I could give a **** about a dent because I plan on selling it for 1000 bucks over the summer.

Anyways....can I just pocket that check or will they make me pay for the repair?

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
As far as I know, you can pocket the cash. The Z was part of a 5 car accident on an exit ramp, but I was at the very end, so the back of the Z barely got hit. It left a bit of white paint from the car behind me, which I just buffed out after the insurance guy looked at it.

Pocketed a $300 check and bought new tires. thumup:

-Jin

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
You get reimbursed for the damage, not for the repairs that you'll need to fix it. In other words, if your car gets hit, they owe you money because they devalued your car. Whether or not you'll want to fix it is irrelevant.

Pocket the money. thumup:

·
PbF Supporter
4,738 Posts
Yeah, someone hit my brothers wranger and smashed the whole side in, the door still shut and he needed a new tranny, so he left the dent and bought a tranny with the money. No use having a pretty car if it doesn't move.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts