Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
All white bricks
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i didnt know if this should be in the movie forum or not but i dont think it should so here it goes....

i watched lord of the rings, return of the king, special edition today and it was so awesome but i couldnt help notice something

the dwarves were one of the largest races back then and they were very powerful and such and i was just wondering what happened to all of them... the only dwarf in all of the movies is Gimli and i was just wondering if there was something in the books that explained what happened......

also was Gimli some kind of king?

D

·
0 Posts
i think the long ass section of the 3rd book explains it somewhere.. i never read that though.

·
Cunning Linguist
2,273 Posts
First of all, what do you mean by 'back then'. You do realize none of that ever happened... its a fantasy world... Secondly it explains in the book that the dwarves refused to fight alongside the humans. They didn't think it was their war to fight becuase Sauron wasn't bothering them.

The dwarves and the elves were actually in decline anyway, that's why there are so few elves, they called that the age of man because humans were coming into power and the elves and dwarves were declining in numbers. Read the books it makes everything a whole lot clearer.

D

·
0 Posts
yeah the books are a whole lot better then the movies.. i hated the movies

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
well he destoryed the 3rd movie. Mixing in the boring parts of book 2. Still great job. Cept for having the spyder fight in movie 3 instead of the end to 2 like it should be. I mean perfect cliff hanger!!

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
D_Smalls said:
i think the long ass section of the 3rd book explains it somewhere.. i never read that though.

Well before the war of the rings took place. There was the battle of kazadum, the battle of the 5 armies along with alot more crap. I will spare you the history. But there was many fatty battlies with dwarves and orcs for a long ass time. The remaning dwarvs lived in a mountain (forgot thr name) BUT IT ISNT FEATURED IN THE MOVIES. DAMN CAPS LOCK.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
the battle that your talking about took place in the hobbit, the dwarves were all killed by the goblins and orcs. remember when they entered kazadum for the first time and gimli was upset cause he saw the dead dwarves? and the war of the rings took place even before the hobbit. the only book that explains what happened before is the simlarillion.

D

·
0 Posts
lowtryx has my copy of simlarillion.. hes had it forever..

my bro took my copy of the hobbit, bastard..

jesus..

·
PBF's oldest newb
1,618 Posts
remember, a ton of them got slaughtered in the mines of moria, gimili was planning on meeting up with his reletive there.

ill have to ask my dad and brother. i read all four books, but they both read the simarillion and several of the lost tales books. they'll no better than me.

i tried to read the simarillion several times, but i couldnt make it past the first 2 chapters with out falling asleep. i just couldnt get into them.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
dfdtrumpet said:
remember, a ton of them got slaughtered in the mines of moria, gimili was planning on meeting up with his reletive there.

ill have to ask my dad and brother. i read all four books, but they both read the simarillion and several of the lost tales books. they'll no better than me.

i tried to read the simarillion several times, but i couldnt make it past the first 2 chapters with out falling asleep. i just couldnt get into them.

I know what u mean. Its all history. I read it so i should get a medal.

·
Banned
2,548 Posts
I would like to get my hands on this so called "Simarillion" or any other books that help explain the LOTR story.Anyone know where I could get em?

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
um...a BOOKSTORE? :rolleyes:

or maybe a library? you know, places that rent/sell/lend books?

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
BushmasterMAN said:
Fiki:1
All:0
um, wasn't he just proven wrong? i only skimmed through but I coulda swore he said something was in the LOTR trilogy, and like 3 people said it was in the hobbit?

if that's the case, you got some brown stuff on your nose

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
like angered fist said, the dwarves as a race were in decline, and the ones that remained were very solitary.

they only lived in several mountians and caverns throughout middle earth, and humans didnt even know where those places were.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts